The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary - Questions

Hi,

I've received an offer for Law from Queen Mary and was wondering if anyone who goes there can tell me a bit about the social life? I'm aware is towards mile end way and not as central as, perhaps, LSE, so I was wondering if getting to the center is a problem for nights out, etc? Also, if there is anyone out there that does the Law LLB - what is the course like in terms of workload and teaching? I was also wondering if there is any options to study abroad that anyone has been told about because I can't find anything on the official site. Lastly, what is the accommodation like at Queen Mary?

Thank you in advance
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Hey, social life is great. There's plenty to do off and on campus as it's very close to central London locations and there are tons of societies and events to get involved in. Travel is fine, especially now they're extending tube hours, but if you need to get back in the early hours after a night out you can always get a night bus. If you use taxis at all, make sure they're licensed black cabs, or maybe use Uber? Just basically be careful with cabs.

I do English so I'm not sure how your workload would be. I get eight contact hours a week and I have to do a lot of reading and independent study, and the workload can be very high at times. Recently I've had three different assignments due on three consecutive days, although this was for the end of term exam time so it was extra.

Accommodation on campus is fine as you get what you pay for. I'm in one of the cheapest and I like it, but if you're used to more luxurious surroundings definitely go for something more expensive. Once you leave QM accommodation, finding something else is quite tricky and a lot of work, and a lot of places are VERY expensive. I've seen places that are £200+ a week, although if you search hard enough you can find cheaper places.

Basically it's what you make of it for the most part? Hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending