The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John Applicants 2015

I thought this would be a good place to talk about applying and offers and stuff :smile:

I've applied for History, still waiting on an offer. Anyone else applied/ got any offers?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DraculasGirl
I thought this would be a good place to talk about applying and offers and stuff :smile:

I've applied for History, still waiting on an offer. Anyone else applied/ got any offers?:smile:

Heya :smile:

I've applied for graphic design and, following an interview, I got an offer today :colondollar:

Is YSJ your first choice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 2
Congrats on your offer! :smile: I haven't decided yet, I'm still waiting for the unis to reply before finally deciding, how about you? :smile:
Yeah, same, I'm going to wait to see about the other offers (if I get any haha)

Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by DraculasGirl

Hey! I've applied for English Literature and received a conditional offer☺️ x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I've applied for Media, only sent it off on christmas eve so obviously haven't heard anything back yet :smile:
Reply 7
Hiya I've applied for English Language and Literature, I went to an open day and I absolutely love York, I got a conditional offer as well😊 definitely mg first choice🙌 well done your offers as well, have you received anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clo.3
Hiya I've applied for English Language and Literature, I went to an open day and I absolutely love York, I got a conditional offer as well������ definitely mg first choice������ well done your offers as well, have you received anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's probably going to be my first choice too! I've received offers from Coventry, Bolton, Wolverhampton and Leeds Trinity too. How about you?
Reply 9
Original post by natkellyxo
It's probably going to be my first choice too! I've received offers from Coventry, Bolton, Wolverhampton and Leeds Trinity too. How about you?

Have you been for an open day yet? And oooh there good choices, have you heard from all of them yet? And I've applied for Chester, Sunderland, Northumbria, DMU and of course York St John😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clo.3
Have you been for an open day yet? And oooh there good choices, have you heard from all of them yet? And I've applied for Chester, Sunderland, Northumbria, DMU and of course York St John������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually haven't, have you? I've heard from them all and received conditional offers! Have you heard back from all yours?
Reply 11
I actually haven't, have you? I've heard from them all and received conditional offers! Have you heard back from all yours?

I have and it was really nice, I loved it and I've heard back from all of mine as well, it's just replying to them now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natkelly_
Hey! I've applied for English Literature and received a conditional offer☺️ x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for English literature and i've also applied for education studies and English literature. I've got a conditional offer too!

Are you putting it as your first choice and have you thought about accommodation?
Reply 13
I think I'll be putting it as first choice for sure, and yeah! On one of the open days I got loads of accommodation leaflets and I've got a couple I like the look of, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clo.3
I think I'll be putting it as first choice for sure, and yeah! On one of the open days I got loads of accommodation leaflets and I've got a couple I like the look of, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like the look of the city residence but they have an Internet cable not wifi but they said you can set up a hot spot or something. I didn't get a chance to look at the more modern one off campus though I've heard they're expensive.
I didn't like the fact that at the grange you couldn't pick the house or flat option cause I didn't like the house.

Does any particular accommodation take your fancy?

I'm hoping I can make friends before I actually get there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophhFrog
I've applied for English literature and i've also applied for education studies and English literature. I've got a conditional offer too!

Are you putting it as your first choice and have you thought about accommodation?

I'm certainly putting it as a first option:smile: Accommodation is the one part I'm not quite too sure about yet!
Reply 16
Yeah I've found that about some of the accommodations, I like the look of St John Central and grays wharf, I would like to live in student accommodation for the first year and then move with fried a in the second and third year:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm certainly putting it as a first option:smile: Accommodation is the one part I'm not quite too sure about yet!

I think I am too so we will probably see each other then :smile:
Are you looking forward to freshers week or are you worried about it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clo.3
Yeah I've found that about some of the accommodations, I like the look of St John Central and grays wharf, I would like to live in student accommodation for the first year and then move with fried a in the second and third year:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I'm hoping to do too. How far are they away from the uni?

I wanted to have a look at them but I just didn't have time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophhFrog
I think I am too so we will probably see each other then :smile:
Are you looking forward to freshers week or are you worried about it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We probably will! I'm looking forward to it, yet slightly anxious at the same time. I think it's the whole making new friends situation which has me worried:P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending