The Student Room Group

What laptop is best for University?

Hey! I'm hoping to study Psychology with Counselling or just Counselling and Mental Health at York St John University and was wondering which laptops people advise for these courses?
Reply 1
What's your budget?
Reply 2
Original post by TNGFR
What's your budget?
Originally I was looking at a 2020 MacBook which is a little over £800 but hoping for something under that honestly!
Hi,
The laptop I bought in 1st year was a Acer Swift 1 , which was roughly £350. It lasted my entire undergraduate degree and part way through my masters degree. I’m now looking at getting a new laptop now as it’s becoming quite slow and the battery isn’t as good as it was when it was new. But I’m probably going to spend £500 max on my new laptop, as I don’t need anything to fancy or technical.

I would recommend something with a good battery, which doesn’t need charging to often and not too heavy to carry, if your planning on taking it into lectures/seminars with you.

I think there’s also some student discount you can get for various stores that sell laptops as well, which will help bring the price down.

Suzan - Student Ambassador
Reply 4
I got my daughter a macbook pro for £400 from stock must go for her media course. It was refurbished but came with a 12 month warranty.
Reply 5
I have a lenovo which i bought in 2020. Still working really well. Work laptops on their websites are relatively cheap for £500 but you can get them for cheaper second hand. Lasts forever and still really reliable
Reply 6
Original post by jaxy_boii
Hey! I'm hoping to study Psychology with Counselling or just Counselling and Mental Health at York St John University and was wondering which laptops people advise for these courses?

you can buy a macbook air m1 0r m2 chip but if you dont want to spend a lot of money i wold recomand a macbook pro 2015

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending