The Student Room Group

Uni Course

What is the difference between primary education and early childhood studies?
Hey,

So with a Primary Education Degree you would usually get QTS-qualified teacher status which allows you to practice as a teacher. With Early Childhood Studies you do not always get the QTS ( So this may be worth checking) But a degree in early childhood studies would still be useful if you want to work with young children it opens up a world of opportunities in lots of different fields of work other than just teaching.

I study Education, SEN and Mental Health at York St John University, it's the perfect course for me as I know I want to work with children just not in a teaching capacity

I hope this helps a bit :smile:

Any other questions feel free to ask away

Rebecca 2nd Year Student York St John University
Reply 2
Original post by Rebecca YSJ
Hey,

So with a Primary Education Degree you would usually get QTS-qualified teacher status which allows you to practice as a teacher. With Early Childhood Studies you do not always get the QTS ( So this may be worth checking) But a degree in early childhood studies would still be useful if you want to work with young children it opens up a world of opportunities in lots of different fields of work other than just teaching.

I study Education, SEN and Mental Health at York St John University, it's the perfect course for me as I know I want to work with children just not in a teaching capacity

I hope this helps a bit :smile:

Any other questions feel free to ask away

Rebecca 2nd Year Student York St John University

Thank you so much 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending