The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I have an offer for OT, and have made it my firm choice! Really struggling with accommodation, as i'm from Cornwall I haven't managed to look at any open days. Does anyone have any advise on the accommodation?
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by fairyfairyfairy
Anybody here still waiting to here back from YSJ for Primary Ed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I was worried because I hadn't heard anything from them, so I rang the admissions department :smile: x
Original post by celizjud
Hi! I was worried because I hadn't heard anything from them, so I rang the admissions department :smile: x

Ah ok, what did admissions say? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh I am for theology
Original post by fairyfairyfairy
Ah ok, what did admissions say? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang and was like 'just ringing to check if you have received my application' and have them my UCAS no etc and then she was like yeah you'll be getting an interview shortly :smile: so definitely ring to speed up the process! X
Original post by Clo.3
https://www.facebook.com/events/413405962160308/

Hiya just to let everyone know that there's a YSJ freshers 2015 - 2016 page on Facebook through a page called 'I'm going to university' it's something like that, it'll be good for everyone to join the group and it will keep everyone up to date with everything:smile:

The link below should work!^
:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this the one?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/YSJ-Freshers-2015-2016/1408931806078967?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal

it's the only one i could find :colondollar:

Oh, I didn't see that one! thank you :smile:
Reply 128
Yeah that's one but there's another one as well:smile: I'll post the link x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
It's the one I posted before click join and you should be added x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone looked around Percy's lane yet? If so, what did you think ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone looked around Percy's lane yet? If so, what did you think ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have an offer for Primary Education at York St John and I had a look around Percy's Lane. It is really nice and new!! It is really similar to St John Central just slightly smaller, but still just as nice! Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 132
anyone doing Media? I have an unconditional and I haven't decided on what my firm will be yet but I am very tempted to firm YSJ. I love York and the uni was lovely when I visited. Anyone else doing the same course?
Reply 133
Original post by HayDog1
Might put it is as my insurance...anyone applying for English Language at YSJ?

Hiya yeah I am! I've applied for English literature and language:smile: I've put YSJ down as my firm choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I confirmed my place as well for primary ed 3-7! I was thinking St John Central loved the look of it when i went to visit! Have you all done your skills tests yet?? feeling very nervous about mine xx
Original post by pd1996
anyone doing Media? I have an unconditional and I haven't decided on what my firm will be yet but I am very tempted to firm YSJ. I love York and the uni was lovely when I visited. Anyone else doing the same course?

I'm hoping to do film studies and media but I won't know for sure until I visit the uni this Saturday.

I did want to do film and TV production but apparently the course isn't on this year, but is coming back next so I'm unsure what to do.
Reply 136
Is the skills test just for primary ed student? I didn't even know about them😐 and can you not just transfer onto it next year it sounds similar to the one you'd be doing this year x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have an offer for Primary Education at York St John and I had a look around Percy's Lane. It is really nice and new!! It is really similar to St John Central just slightly smaller, but still just as nice! Hope this helps :smile:

That's nice to know thanks. I preferred the look of Percy's lane on the website. It seems fairly reasonably priced so I think I'm going to put it as my first choice :smile:
Original post by Clo.3
Is the skills test just for primary ed student? I didn't even know about them😐 and can you not just transfer onto it next year it sounds similar to the one you'd be doing this year x

Posted from TSR Mobile

For all teaching courses x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welp, got my offer and since it's my only choice I'd better make it my firm decision. Is anyone else doing TESOL or Japanese language this year? I'm a bit far afield to check out the accommodation, so can anyone hazard a guess which dorm works out the cheapest for transport and shopping?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending