The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Penthesilia
But dont you think that it is mature of her to admit she isnt ready instead of having the baby and being a total failure with it?

im not saying she's generally immature at least she can recognise that-not everyone can.
the reason i reacted to her post was because she wrote this:
'As much fun as it wold be to have one and dress it, Id probably just end up having my mum mother it. Not fair ot the kid'
-she's only recognising that her mother mothering the child would be unfair. she's not recognising that the only reason she sees for having a child would be to dress it up. i can't really articulate what i'm trying to say on the 4 hours sleep i've had but i didnt mean it horribly. sorry everdawn and for causing anyone any offense
Reply 21
deary_ma_leary
im not saying she's generally immature at least she can recognise that-not everyone can.
'As much fun as it wold be to have one and dress it, Id probably just end up having my mum mother it. Not fair ot the kid'
-she's only recognising that her mother mothering the child would be unfair. she's not recognising that the only reason she sees for having a child would be to dress it up. i can't really articulate what i'm trying to say on the 4 hours sleep i've had but i didnt mean it horribly. sorry everdawn and for causing anyone any offense

I think Penthesilia is being a tad over-protective. No one said anything nasty about Everdawn. If Everdawn was planning to have a baby so she could dress it up, that would be bad, but she's not. If, later in life, she decides to give birth for this reason, then we've got something to complain about!
deary_ma_leary

Put simply, she means there are more important reasons as to why people choose to have kids, and these most definitely don't include ''dressing it'' as number one priority. Because that's the first thing Everdawn mentioned when talking about a baby, she implied that that is all there is to having a baby(even though I know she knows that is not the case) Deary was simply stating that if dressing it alone is your sole priority, perhaps you should wait until you are ready to have a baby for the right reasons(ie, a love of children, a desire to be a mother etc)
Reply 23
WOW, I do consider being called immature somewhat demeaning. If anything id say I would be too selfish to stay home and take care of it when I would want to go out. God, do you really think the only reason id have a baby is to dress it? really, I thought youd have more faith in me than that. :rolleyes:

I dont want a child till im at least 30 so I can provide for it properly, which is what i was stating. I would abort becuase I cannot support a baby by myself, and if i did get pregnant, i certainly wouldnt mooch off my parents. Which is why I study hard so i can get a good job and provide properly. :wink:
I'd keep the baby. But I am rather careful so that i don't get into the situation because the best thing for me would be to get my degree, spend a few years working and being able to do whatever I want.. and then have a baby.

I'd still like to start a family relatively young though, late twenties. Just not ready to be a mother at 19. If it happened I'd just have to accommodate a new person in my life and it would be bloody difficult but worse things could happen.
Reply 25
I can now see why pro-lifers say that most women have abortions because it is inconvenient to their lives currently. :frown:
Reply 26
No girls should be allowed kids until they are atleast 20 and are able to support them somehow.
sm0273
No girls should be allowed kids until they are atleast 20 and are able to support them somehow.

And how do you propose to stop them?
Reply 28
yawn1
I can now see why pro-lifers say that most women have abortions because it is inconvenient to their lives currently. :frown:

Well yes, that's true. But no one knows what's going to happen in the future - most women who have babies have them because it is convenient to their lives currently. Women who have abortions don't know whether they will be in a position to support a baby at any point in the future. All they know is that, at that moment, it would ruin their plans and be unfair on the baby.
Reply 29
if i was mature and stupid enough to get pregnant in the first place then i should be mature and stupid enough to look after it. i wouldnt abort cus that can lead to complications in the long run, like if u where trying 4 a baby.

my mum was really young when she had me (18) she was at college but she still managed a baby and her studies, she says she wouldnt change it for the world because now we have not only a mother/daughter bond but a friendship as well, all because there is such a tiny gap in our ages
Reply 30
Im guessing that you would have it! Unless circumstances say otherwise!!
Reply 31
m8, listen if ur not the boyfriend, don't worry about it. if she wants 2b a slag den let her. she's wot 16, she her own woman and ur not her dad. BUTT OUT, she will think ur a w####r & h8 u 4eva>>>>>> as 2 wheather girls av their own system as 2 when 2 get preggers, each girl is her own girl>

pls feel free 2 have a private conversation wiv me as I av loads more 2 say! gotta go now have sociology

luv ya , paranoia xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 32
I would have the baby. I love my boyfriend too much to think that I would be killing our child. :frown:
Reply 33
i honestly don't know what i'd do if i got pregnant. part of me thinks 'oh no i could never have an abortion', but part of me realises i would resent any child i had that age because i wouldn't be able to go to uni etc. and the last thing me and my bf would want is a baby. and i don't know if i could give a child away for adoption either. i guess i better not get pregnant then.

lou xxx
Reply 34
It would be a tough decision but there isn't a way i could support a child now either financially or emotionally. It would be resented for taking my youth and education - as theres no way i could contine studying at uni.

I think its better to look after the children who need help in the world already, rather than bringing one more in that isn't truly wanted.
Reply 35
slowjamz
My mum became pregnant with me when she was only slightly older than I am now, and (obviously!) she went through with it. She later found out she couldn't medically have children and that I was a fluke :rolleyes: So if she hadn't had me, she'd be childless. It's easy to say "I'd abort now and have a baby later", but you never know.

In other words... I don't know what I'd do, and I don't think I would ever know unless I was in the situation. There's no easy answer.

Gosh, that really does make you think, doesn't it?
I have no idea what I'd do in a situation like that - I mean, you'd have to scrap the idea of going to uni, and any other plans you had had for the future....but really, the thought of finding out later that you can't have kids, and knowing that you threw away your one chance to have one - that would be horrible!
shilling
Gosh, that really does make you think, doesn't it?
I have no idea what I'd do in a situation like that - I mean, you'd have to scrap the idea of going to uni, and any other plans you had had for the future....but really, the thought of finding out later that you can't have kids, and knowing that you threw away your one chance to have one - that would be horrible!

It;s not like you can't go to uni when you're older and your kid/s are older, though.. granted you may not have the same "wonderful" getting pissed and stealing traffic cones experience but that shouldnt really be your main reason for going to uni, anyway. As for "scrapping any other plans you had had for your future" - you may have to rethink them but you don't have to scrpa them entirely.

for example my auntie had to leave uni because she got pregnant to have the baby, and when her kids were teenagers she went back to uni and qualified as a teacher which she had always wanted to do.

It works both ways - it can often be a big problem to put your career or whatever on hold to have kids once you have started. imho kids are an inconvenience whenevr you have them - but who says convenience should be the deciding factor in your life?

rosie
Abortion, no doubt about it.
Reply 38
My boyfriend and I were talking about having babies last night (obviously knowing it will hopefully not be in the near future). A year or more ago I would have said "abortion" but now I couldn't get rid of a little me'n'bf!
Reply 39
I think I would have to have an abortion. I think my bf would stand by me in whatever I chose, but I don't think either of us are in the slightest bit ready for a child for the foreseeable future. I have to be honest in that I would want to get my own life sorted out; uni, career etc. before I considered having kids. It's too big a committment for a teenager IMO. Plus the thought of giving birth scares me quite a bit, so no time soon!
Oh btw, I would definitely want to get married if I was pregnant and keeping the baby. Anyone else agree?

Latest

Trending

Trending