The Student Room Group

If you have two babies and could choose the gender of both what would you choose?

So for example would you choose:

2 boys, advantage that they would have someone they would be close too on the same wavelength with. Disadvantage that they may hang around each other so much that they don't seek out girlfriends.

Or,

1 boy & 1 girl, advantage that a potentially more interesting mix as both genders. That and having no similar gender/age close at hand may push them to make connections with others that are more. Disadvantage that one or the other, probably the boy may not have anyone that close on the same wavelength and may struggle to find friends that are.
Reply 1
When one gets pregnant I think health of the baby can be more of a preoccupation. At least it was for me.

I wasn't bothered by gender.

I was so out of it, I asked if my baby was a boy or girl. The midwife held the baby up to show me and I still didn't have a CLUE.😀

I like having a daughter but would have been fine with a boy.
(edited 10 months ago)
As a parent of 1 girl and 3 boys, I can honestly say it makes no difference whatsoever.
Wait what, so 2 brothers would only speak to each other and no one else??? Have you actually met any guy who has a brother 😂😂
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Wait what, so 2 brothers would only speak to each other and no one else??? Have you actually met any guy who has a brother 😂😂

I wouldn't say they wouldn't speak to anyone else but most I think tend to be closest to each other.
Original post by Anonymous
I wouldn't say they wouldn't speak to anyone else but most I think tend to be closest to each other.

If by close you mean beating each other up at every possible opportunity
Reply 6
Original post by probably_sane
If by close you mean beating each other up at every possible opportunity

I know but that can just be kids messing around and/or some temporary issue. Experiences I'm sure vary depending on the personalities of the kids. Not all will get on into adulthood but my thoughts are the vast majority of brothers probably moreso if there is just two is generally they are close.
Disadvantage that they may hang around each other so much that they don't seek out girlfriends.

Err.....what? That sounds a bit suspicious to say the least?

In short you are looking at the thiese as near absolute barriers and paths when 1 or more siblings will likely only be a % of a persons interactions and influences. Like the idea that a male will struggle to make male friends because they have a sister sounds a bit preposterous surely?
Reply 8
So for example would you choose:

2 boys, advantage that they would have someone they would be close too on the same wavelength with. Disadvantage that they may hang around each other so much that they don't seek out girlfriends.

Or,

1 boy & 1 girl, advantage that a potentially more interesting mix as both genders. That and having no similar gender/age close at hand may push them to make connections with others that are more. Disadvantage that one or the other, probably the boy may not have anyone that close on the same wavelength and may struggle to find friends that are.

There's a third option you've left out ...

A healthy baby is the most important - not its gender!

I have 3 boys.

Two of them bicker with each other like cat and dog :dontknow:

You really cannot predict whether or not siblings of either gender are going to be close.
Reply 10
Original post by Desperatetoleave
I really really want to have a girl baby at one point in my life. For the second baby I don’t mind boy or girl but I really want to have at least 1 girl!

In my family there is a bit of a tradition of many if the women being a bit hard going, possibly very emotional, sometimes a bit hard edge, varies a little of course. So having a girl is something I have to weigh up carefully. I would like a girl but if she were to be that way then it could be a difficult road ahead. The men in the family tend to be more sedate and well stable. So while anything could happen a safer bet I guess potentially in theory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending