The Student Room Group

OCR chemistry f322 and f321 advice(AS chemistry)

Hi Budding chemists out there!
I've just completed doing some past papers f321 &f322 and I am average an B/A
My question to you is how can boost my raw marks so that hit a mark total that will get me 90% ums or higher like full ums I.e 90/90.

In f322 I am averaging a middle range B what can I do in order to hit 90% ums which 135 ums?

Do I have do other types questions that more application based to ensure I hiachieve this mark total?
Thank you.
Make sure you actually understand chemistry. It's not sufficient to just remember your notes. With organic, it's all about understanding how mechanisms work and not how well you can remember them. Ask yourself why things are happening: why is the curly arrow going from the double bond to the bromine atom during electrophilic addition? Why is the Cl- the leaving group rather than H- during nucleophilic substitution? etc...

A certain amount is also remembering standard answers to common questions, so you should also do as many past paper questions as possible.
Reply 2
Hi thank you for your response. my question is how do I prepare for exams specifically (ie do I teach other people or another method is theere something you use.) so that I can UNDERSTAND the chemistry content?

This is because in june 2014 examiner report it stated that: "candidate's performance can be analysed 1st in terms of whether they've approached each topic with an aim to have excellent recall of the material or have they gone beyond this and really worked to gain s deeper level of understanding."
Original post by googleboy96
Hi thank you for your response. my question is how do I prepare for exams specifically (ie do I teach other people or another method is theere something you use.) so that I can UNDERSTAND the chemistry content?

This is because in june 2014 examiner report it stated that: "candidate's performance can be analysed 1st in terms of whether they've approached each topic with an aim to have excellent recall of the material or have they gone beyond this and really worked to gain s deeper level of understanding."

You need to first do as the person above said, completely understand the concepts so that to could apply them in any situation! Do all of the textbook question and past paper exam questions. Chemistry is all about learning concepts and applying them to problems. Just practise question would be my advise! Hayley aka A2 chemistry student and successful chemistry degree applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest