The Student Room Group

I am really questioning dropping A-levels. What do I do?

I am currently studying music, music tech and media studies at AS level and I am really struggling and don't enjoy it at all.
All I have ever wanted to do is be a music teacher when I'm older but I am doubting it now, I have only ever been interested for music as a hobby and I am getting really fed up of it now as I am doing so much of it for A-levels. I am worries that if I don't get the grades I have messed up any chance I have of doing what I want to do.
i really don't know what I want to do anymore, I'm even questioning getting an apprenticeship in something totally different like engineering, I just don't want to have wasted a year of my life this year. I'm just so confused.
(edited 9 years ago)
i would say stick with it and do your best.. coming out with a few passes could still help you become a teacher, whereas dropping all your a levels is essentially giving up the dream, i say keep at it!
Reply 2
You're problem would be dropping out at this time of the year- you'd struggle to get into some vocational courses that started in September, and apprenticeships might be hard to come by as well. Maybe do your exams and then go from there- it's only 6 months time, which in the grand scheme of things isn't a lot, and at least you'd have some qualifications which would open more doors than dropping out now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest