The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth TV Production Interview

Hi, so I have just received an invite for an interview/activity day for TV production at Bournemouth, however they haven't given me specifics on what they would like for me to bring with me. I was thinking of some previous work I have done and bringing a show reel along with essays I have written.
I really do not know what to expect at Bournemouth as I have heard various things about the interviews. Can someone please help and share their previous interview experiences? Thanks in advance! x
Hi saaaraah,

As a Bournemouth student I'm afraid I don't know much about the interview process for the TV production course but i think you are along the right lines with evidence of previous work you have done and how this shows off your skills and passion.

You might want to ask our advice service askbu [email protected] who will send on your comments to the right team and come back to you with some more information if you need it.

Ill also ask a colleague to see if we have a TV production ambassador who can log on and answer your questions.

Good Luck

Mish :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by saaaraah
Hi, so I have just received an invite for an interview/activity day for TV production at Bournemouth, however they haven't given me specifics on what they would like for me to bring with me. I was thinking of some previous work I have done and bringing a show reel along with essays I have written.
I really do not know what to expect at Bournemouth as I have heard various things about the interviews. Can someone please help and share their previous interview experiences? Thanks in advance! x

Hello,

My name is Gemma Jewell and I am a first year student at Bournemouth Studying TV Production.

I had an interview around a year ago, so hopefully I can shed some light on the process.

As you stated they don't mention if to bring anything so it is up to you if you bring anything or not as this is not a requirement. However, I know a lot of people that did bring portfolios with them. They briefly looked at mine and asked a few questions on it. Some people I know didn't get asked any questions, so i guess it changes depending on the individual.

I imagine the interview process may change each year but whilst I was at mine we was also given a tour and had a short play around in the studio. We also watched 3 students videos and wrote what we thought about them.

The day is quite relaxed and everyone is really friendly so don't feel panicked! They just want to see what you are like, so just be yourself and your do fine :smile:

Can I ask which day your coming for an interview? I only ask because I am helping on one of the interview days.

If you have anymore questions just let me know!

Gemma
Reply 3
Original post by GemmaJewell2
Hello,

My name is Gemma Jewell and I am a first year student at Bournemouth Studying TV Production.

I had an interview around a year ago, so hopefully I can shed some light on the process.

As you stated they don't mention if to bring anything so it is up to you if you bring anything or not as this is not a requirement. However, I know a lot of people that did bring portfolios with them. They briefly looked at mine and asked a few questions on it. Some people I know didn't get asked any questions, so i guess it changes depending on the individual.

I imagine the interview process may change each year but whilst I was at mine we was also given a tour and had a short play around in the studio. We also watched 3 students videos and wrote what we thought about them.

The day is quite relaxed and everyone is really friendly so don't feel panicked! They just want to see what you are like, so just be yourself and your do fine :smile:

Can I ask which day your coming for an interview? I only ask because I am helping on one of the interview days.

If you have anymore questions just let me know!

Gemma

Okay thank you, feel so much better on what to expect now! my interviews on the 27th January :smile:
Hi there,

I had an interview for TV Production at BU just a few days ago and before hand I was super nervous because the email didn't give much away about the day at all.

Basically, everyone was split in to three groups, A, B and C. Each group did the day's activities in a different order. Everyone was given a talk at the beginning by the leader of the course. This was then followed by a short tour of the campus and Media School.

Then you watch 3 previous student's work and choose one of them to write a critique about. This was a fairly simple task and a great way to relax my nerves! Next my group had our one-on-one interviews with one of the tutors on the course. The interview was fairly relaxed and there wasn't any pressure at all. However, the questions weren't necessarily about the uni or that particular course. They were more situation and judgement-based questions. For example, one of them was "If a producer came to you with £20,000 what would you create?" etc.

Then you have an hour or so in the tv studio within the Media School in which you can just have a little play around on the cameras and do some directing.

I imagine the interview process varies from year to year but this is what mine consisted of; hope this can help someone out in the future as I had no idea what to expect before mine.

Overall, everyone is so lovely at the uni and the day is a great way to meet potential future tutors and ask any questions that you may have in the future :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending