The Student Room Group

Sunderland or Bournemouth?

I'm looking to do a foundation year in Mechanical Engineering, just wondering which uni would be better? In terms of student satisfaction, nightlife etc.
Have you looked on the discover uni website? It’s a government website that shows detailed student satisfaction results for individual courses.

Is there a reason you’re looking for a foundation year instead of taking level 3 qualifications?
Original post by jxsh260jj
I'm looking to do a foundation year in Mechanical Engineering, just wondering which uni would be better? In terms of student satisfaction, nightlife etc.

Hi Jxsh260jj,

I’m Pip, a 3rd year TV Production student. Bournemouth University is great for nightlife! Not only does the student’s union have a nightclub busy with different events and gigs, but other local bars accommodate for students as well.

In my experience, everyone I know has enjoyed their time here - but even if you have any issues we have student support services like AskBU, Additional learning support and more!

Have you tried going into the BU website and searching ‘Unibuddy’ and looking for someone that does engineering that you can talk to? 🙂

-Pip

Quick Reply

Latest