The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beni24
How much genetics stuff will come up? :smile:

I think big question on genetic cross, meaning of some keywords like allele, then chi-squared calculation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Worth doing an all nighter? Last exam and need a high C?
Original post by peanutcracker20
how old

Like 07-10 papers
predictions?
Hit "like" if you're so ****ed for this exam, and all you want to do is just sleep, describes me right now tbh ://
Original post by RichBitch
Because I literally know nothing as I've been busy watching TV for 5 days in a hospital and I finally got out! I'll do an allnighter, after all it is my last and final exam!!!!!
does anyone have any tips and resources I could use please it's urgent!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say briefly go over the wishy washy chapters like ecosystems, as a lot of it is common sense. Definitely go over genetics! It's such a big chapter there is bound to be multiple questions on it. I'm going through past papers and looking up the questions/topics I really get stuck on, good luck!!!
Original post by wanna get laid
Dont worry bro. Everyone will fail cos we all have a shiz load of exams this week and stuff

Boundaries gonna drop like to 60 for an A

It's possible brah. It's possible :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics unit 5 the day after F215.... :frown:
Can someone PLeASE tell me why there are two ways to sequence a genome and which one I should use if they ask. In the OCR book on page 166 they say the method of using BACS which I haven't learnt because a few pages ahead 172 they give another method using fluorescent markers so which one do I use
Original post by domcandrews
Hit "like" if you're so ****ed for this exam, and all you want to do is just sleep, describes me right now tbh ://

same here so tired had psychology exam this morning and all i wanna do is sleep...but cannot fail biology
Original post by bakedbeans247

Bro If Ramadan is tomorrow its gonna be peek!
Original post by Student23478
Like 07-10 papers

this had 2010 papers if that any help http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-biology-h021-h421/
same here so tired had psychology exam this morning and all i wanna do is sleep...but cannot fail biology

Yeah should be illegal to have this many exams in a short space of time, I mean where are my human rights? Pray for low grade boundaries
how can you know which vector to use?
Original post by tewas
Anybody have any questions they want answered?

can you put the nitrogen cycle into a serious of bullet points please?
Ok everybody, i got a wicked plan

If we all get 0 marks tomorrow on purpose then maybe grade boundary will be 0 marks for full ums :smug:

But this will only work if like everyone gets 0 marks ok. So no cheating
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurenjadex
Can anyone give me an overview of the advantages of innate behaviour?

Survival:
-animals able to respond quickly to predators to avoid being killed
-animals respond quickly to be able to catch prey
-helps animal stay in an advantageous habitat (eg kinesis helps woodlice. Stay in humid conditions)
-doesn't require any thought, learning or practice, the animal is always ready
Original post by Lychees
Can someone PLeASE tell me why there are two ways to sequence a genome and which one I should use if they ask. In the OCR book on page 166 they say the method of using BACS which I haven't learnt because a few pages ahead 172 they give another method using fluorescent markers so which one do I use

There are several different methods of sequencing it. I recon if it comes up it'll accept both methods as both methods are correct and are in the OCR 'approved' books.
(edited 8 years ago)
has anyone got any tips for conservation and ecosystems and plant hormones and animal behavior cannot get my head round them

I resorted to making a dance for each of the plant hormones as they weren't sticking in my head. I look like an idiot when I do it but remembering the steps with each hormone is actual really helpful! I recommend it :smile:

Cutting out the main waffle of the other topics, my basic notes to remember are:

Conservation:
-Dynamic, maintenance of biodiversity
-Require management and reclamation
-Includes preservation of organisms that are at risk of human activity

Preservation:
-Protection of areas unused and untouched by humans

Behaviour is split into learned and innate.

Innate:
Stereotypical, inherited.
This behaviour is most important to those with short life spans that live solitary lifestyles and don't need to care for their offspring.

Learned:
Modified, based on experience.
e.g. associative learning
Beneficial for those with longer life spans that have time to learn
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by domcandrews
Yeah should be illegal to have this many exams in a short space of time, I mean where are my human rights? Pray for low grade boundaries

yeah and need super high grade as i did bad and first exam, everythings just so stressful
**** im thinking of an all nighter now as im so not ready

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending