The Student Room Group

Is it bad if I don't go to school?

I hate my school, the environment, the teachers, the noise. I get little work done there, as there is literally no place to work. The study room is packed with people all talking and eating, the library is packed with little kids all screaming and giggling. The only thing I get done is know what topic we're going to cover (which is pretty much down to us to cover at home) and I can just read the syllabus of my book anyway. Today and a few days ago, I decided to work at home instead and it was a lot more productive as I am now ahead of the class. Is this a bad thing though? to skip school because ironically I actually WANT to learn with more efficiency? Obviously I won't completely skip school, but should I have a word with my teachers?
No i think it's a great thing, i wish i could do that too, in fact, a girl in my class has missed too many days off school that now she has to study herself at home and she's only allowed to come into school for her exams, i don't think that's 'punishment' at all
but, sometimes you do need to ask teachers for help/need some resources or clarification, and they add information which may not be in the textbook, but that still means you shouldn't need to go into school 5 days a week, oh well
i'd say miss it only if it's to revise for something important, before study leave is preferable, for now stick through it
but i also have this issue too everyone in our sixth form just talks and messes around, super annoying
If it helps you get better grades and you're happier then I don't see why not

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest