The Student Room Group

End of year 13

basically my school do this thing at the end of a levels for all year 13s called the leavers breakfast. the internals and externals wear their old lower school blazers, theres croissants and chocolate and its like a final farewell thing.
and i am contemplating whether i should go or not.

The thing is its on 23rd June and i have an exam (my final one) on the 26th. I feel like if i go then it will be a distraction, but then again its only in the morning for a couple of hours and it wont be too bad.
Another thing is that the friendship group i belong to has kinda fallen apart. people have gone their separate ways. i have some really good friends but at the same time i'm not close with all of them. but the people i am close with i consider them to be like my best friends etc.
BUT then again at the same token, after my final exam is done, i am going on holiday with those same close friends from that once fallen apart group.

So-- i want to go but then i don't feel like going and I'm not sure what to do. any suggestions????
Reply 1
I'd say, if you don't want to go, don't go. Then again, if you do actually want to, it's a nice idea. Maybe check if your best friends will be there? While it may be awkward seeing your old friends, these things happen, and from what you've said it doesn't sound like there are bad feelings, so I wouldn't let that stop you - especially if your good friends are there, you'd probably have a good time.

I think a point that's definitely the most to argue for you to go, is that it is good to have a break before exams: revision in the week before generally only accentuates stress, so it's really good to have some time doing things you enjoy - so don't let the thought that you should be revising stop you from going, as it's actually really good to have some relaxation before exams, no matter what. It's not like you'll be spending the entire week doing nothing, anyway.

Obviously, just my thoughts :smile:. Hopefully this has helped in even a small way? Best of luck with your exam and holiday :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending