The Student Room Group

How often do you shower/have a bath?

Scroll to see replies

i only shower every other day, feel like a complete pig compared to most people here, lol.
Reply 81
Original post by scrotgrot
Yeah, it is supposed to be unhealthy to shower every day though of course
1. depends on the person
2. you have to conform to society
3. you genuinely feel a bit grim after skipping a day
4. routine is good for you

I usually have one once a day but if I'm staying in or only leaving the house to pop round the corner shop I often skip a day. Have often wondered whether I should try the trick where you don't wash your hair for two weeks and it starts to self-clean, but I soon find myself wondering how people have the time to stay away from society for that long.

Same here :smile: and it would usually be in the morning on weekdays.
Daily, sometimes twice.

With regards to hair, only when it needs it. I tend to wash it more often when I use product - which I go through spurts with. I think the last time I applied any hair gel was probably late November. My hair has gotten a bit long for product now, I'm heading towards that often awkward in-between short and long stage. In order to reduce the need of washing it after gym, all I can say is thank heavens for the Man Bun, in which case I just wipe my forehead with a cloth. I may occasionally do a rinse though.
Reply 83
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Daily, sometimes twice.

With regards to hair, only when it needs it. I tend to wash it more often when I use product - which I go through spurts with. I think the last time I applied any hair gel was probably late November. My hair has gotten a bit long for product now, I'm heading towards that often awkward in-between short and long stage. In order to reduce the need of washing it after gym, all I can say is thank heavens for the Man Bun, in which case I just wipe my forehead with a cloth. I may occasionally do a rinse though.

How does having your hair in a 'Man Bun' stop your scalp from sweating all in your hair?
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Every morning, my hair becomes greasy almost immediately so I have to otherwise my hair feels heavy all day, and I start to become self conscious.

Do you wash your hair with shampoo every morning too?
My hair feels a bit greasy the day after I've washed it, and definitely the day after that. It wasn't like that before. Don't know what happened. But I think maybe washing it with shampoo every day isn't good for hair.
Every 2-3 days. However, since I'm going to be going to the gym more, hopefully everyday.
Every morning.
Used to be 2-3 times a day when I lived alone and before that when I lived at home.

But as my shower's dodgy and I have to either have a bath in the bath that my room-mates use or have a sponge/basin bath, it's more like 1 a day now :sad:.
Five or six times a week.
Only ahead of special occasions. If nothing much is happening I can go a month or two without washing easily. If anyone gotta problem they dont have to come near me innit.
Reply 91
which one is good for daily shower, in the morning or in the evening?
I shower every evening if I have work or uni the next day, and shower in the morning if I have a day off. I rarely have a bath.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
when i shower in the evening i will be sleepy, so i shower in the morning, but when i shower in the morning, it is a risc for getting cold or sinusitis etc. So i don't wash my hair in the morning. When i wash my hair, it takes a long time to dry.:frown:
Original post by Ronove
How does having your hair in a 'Man Bun' stop your scalp from sweating all in your hair?

Because I only get sweat at the front.
Reply 95
Everyday to wake me up in the mornings.
Reply 96
When it's full moon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Usually 5 or 6 times a week. You don't need to shower if you've been indoors and inactive all day. I usually wash my hair twice a week.
Reply 98
I shower every single day (or if I've done some exercise, twice). At home, I'd shower most of the time and bathe during the weekends, but since there aren't any baths at uni, I have to settle with the daily shower.
Original post by Master Jack
why do people wash everyday? Washing everyday is bad for your skin.

Then again I'm Muslim so I wash my private parts with water every time I use the toilet. So I'm not as dirty as white people.

you clearly are dirtier as you think washing with just water is sufficiently hygienic.

edit: and that washing your skin everyday is bad for it - it isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest