The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Is it worth it? A&F

Hello everyone,

I have received an offer from the University of Warwick (Accounting and Finance).
The 2015/2016 tuition fee is 20 000 £ for me, because I'm a non-eu citizen.

My question is:
Is it worth pushing my parents' budget to its limits?
Has the Warwick A&F Diploma an excellent/universal recognition? A recognition worth paying 60 000£?

I heard that employers were mostly seeking for LSE/Warwick/Oxbridge graduates when it comes to banking, Investment, accounting (etc...), I guess that if it's true, it might be worth studying there...

I guess I'm being a bit doubtful because I have never heard of "Warwick" until I started making my Uni choices. Although I have excellent predicted grades, the fact that I received an offer 2 weeks after having sent my application makes me wonder if Warwick has low entry standards, and therefore, if it's just a waste of money... (I'm probably wrong)

Your comments are really important to me, so please give relevant arguments instead of a simple "yes" or "no"
Thanks a lot.
Seeing as they topped the rankings at first for A&F and econ if straight up say yes, if you intend to stay in the Uk to work everybody will know how good you are! If you were to go somewhere else no idea...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
hmm no? SF
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi there,

The average graduate salary for a warwick A&F student is £26,000 - bearing in mind its an average. You can check out the full details of the course's structure, employability here at http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-warwick-w20/accounting-and-finance-3-years-9000-nn34

In regard to the course accounting and finance, in the UK warwick is the 2nd best, with LSE being 1st for A&F and Bath being 3rd.

Warwick is a top 6 uni in the UK, it has high regard for employers as it is linked to investment banking careers which you can check out at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/11133948/Want-to-be-an-investment-banker-Head-to-LSE.html

Warwick is in the top 5 for unis for finance professionals, investment banking and accounting professions.

However LSE is rated higher in league tables and in general employability for A&F.

Warwick is near an area in the UK called Coventry which is just above london (about an hour and a half drive). It is out of london and therefore the cost of living would be slightly less. Warwick is a campus uni so you would live on campus etc, it is overall regarded as a prestigious uni in the UK being in the top 6 unis in the UK.

LSE is better for A&F as i have said in regard to employability and career prospects - look into LSE A&F more also.

Hope this helps, overall Warwick is good but LSE is better for A&F.

Best of luck with your uni choices

Quick Reply

Latest