Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much would it cost to live in London for 4 months? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know approximately how much it would cost to live in London for 4 months. I am having an argument with my dad about this. He says it would cost at least £10,000 and thinks I am a 'complete fool' to think it would cost any less than that. I keep saying that £10,000 is far too much (most graduate salaries barely cover that) and £5,000 is a more realistic figure.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Impossible to answer. It depends where in London. For example, rent is more expensive in central than it is in north west.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Impossible to answer. It depends where in London. For example, rent is more expensive in central than it is in north west.
    ok please tell me for all different regions of london - N, S, E, W, NW, NE, SW, SE and central.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by snowman77)
    ok please tell me for all different regions of london - N, S, E, W, NW, NE, SW, SE and central.
    I can't possibly tell you. You're better off doing you're own research and looking at how much renting in each area is.

ReputationRep:
    Whereabouts are you staying in London and what will you be doing here? Tourism, studying etc
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by snowman77)
    I'd like to know approximately how much it would cost to live in London for 4 months. I am having an argument with my dad about this. He says it would cost at least £10,000 and thinks I am a 'complete fool' to think it would cost any less than that. I keep saying that £10,000 is far too much (most graduate salaries barely cover that) and £5,000 is a more realistic figure.
    Also would you be renting or staying in a hotel/hostel. It's incredibly difficult to get a short term let in London, as one of my friends found out. She had to move around hostels. Would you be earning money whilst you were in London? I live on 1,300pm living in zone 2.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.