The Student Room Group

How much would it cost to live in London for 4 months?

I'd like to know approximately how much it would cost to live in London for 4 months. I am having an argument with my dad about this. He says it would cost at least £10,000 and thinks I am a 'complete fool' to think it would cost any less than that. I keep saying that £10,000 is far too much (most graduate salaries barely cover that) and £5,000 is a more realistic figure.
Impossible to answer. It depends where in London. For example, rent is more expensive in central than it is in north west.
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
Impossible to answer. It depends where in London. For example, rent is more expensive in central than it is in north west.
ok please tell me for all different regions of london - N, S, E, W, NW, NE, SW, SE and central.
Original post by snowman77
ok please tell me for all different regions of london - N, S, E, W, NW, NE, SW, SE and central.

I can't possibly tell you. You're better off doing you're own research and looking at how much renting in each area is.
Whereabouts are you staying in London and what will you be doing here? Tourism, studying etc
Original post by snowman77
I'd like to know approximately how much it would cost to live in London for 4 months. I am having an argument with my dad about this. He says it would cost at least £10,000 and thinks I am a 'complete fool' to think it would cost any less than that. I keep saying that £10,000 is far too much (most graduate salaries barely cover that) and £5,000 is a more realistic figure.

Also would you be renting or staying in a hotel/hostel. It's incredibly difficult to get a short term let in London, as one of my friends found out. She had to move around hostels. Would you be earning money whilst you were in London? I live on 1,300pm living in zone 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending