The Student Room Group

Gold or silver watch: which do you prefer?

Hi all,

I've been looking to buy a watch, and I happened upon a certain Rotary skeleton watch. The problem is, it comes in 2 colours: gold and silver. I'm torn between the 2 of them and I can't make my mind up at all.

Here are some images:

The gold one (model no. GS02519-09):

The silver one (model no. GS02518-06):

So I need some help making my mind up here...
Considering I'm 18, have a neutral skin tone and like to dress in smart/casual clothes, which one do you think I should get and why?

Gold
The gold doesn't look that bad with the leather strap, but if you wanted a metal bracelet when you're older gold will make you look like a spiv.
Personally I'm not a fan of either watch but if you like it that's the main thing.

The biggest thing for you to consider is which 'smart' shoes and belt you most frequently wear. The silver with black strap would suit black shoes and black silver and metal belt. If you wear those more, go for silver.

If you wear brown belts and shoes more often, get the gold.
Reply 4
Gold...
Normally I would say silver. For this watch though, it should be gold. It has a more antique look to it that suits the skeleton style
The gold one is lovely
The gold one :^_^:
Reply 8
Gold looks much more classy
Original post by kinglinguk
Gold looks much more classy

I have that watch and i must say it looks better in steel. In steel it will last longer as you haven't got gold plate that will easily wear off (I personally would have to stop wearing it if the finish was damaged). All my watches are in steel, I think that you shouldn't buy a gold watch unless its solid gold, it looks a bit tacky and fake otherwise....
silver watch faces look nice with a silver wristbands
Mostly everyone loves gold. :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest