The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 12 May 2015 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Palette
Didn't a six mark question on it appear last year?

it was an additional 6 marker only for higher so it could come up again. Speciation isn't on foundation so it always finds a way on to higher could be a 5 marker just as easily. My teacher explained the first 6 mark question which is question 2/3 on higher is the last question on foundation (their hardest) and is the exact same on foundation which means it could be answered using C grade knowledge for full marks and any additional 6 markers is only on high paper..
i'd be happy with speciation as a question really easy to get marks on
Original post by Palette
If I've got it right myself, yes.

Great thanks!
Original post by Theawesomejem
it was an additional 6 marker only for higher so it could come up again. Speciation isn't on foundation so it always finds a way on to higher could be a 5 marker just as easily. My teacher explained the first 6 mark question which is question 2/3 on higher is the last question on foundation (their hardest) and is the exact same on foundation which means it could be answered using C grade knowledge for full marks and any additional 6 markers is only on high paper..

What would the six points needed be?
Original post by Jules12345
What would the six points needed be?

depends what the question asks tbh. If the question is for example:

The blue eagle originated from England. In 1919 some of them migrated to new Zealand to escape world war 1. Explain why in 2015 they can no longer successfully interbreed to produce fertile offspring.

The two species of blue eagle have become geographically separted. Naturally, genetic variation is a factor because each population of blue eagle has a wide range of alleles that control their characteristics already so they will have slight differences within the species. The two populations which have become isolated will undergo natural selection which is where the organisms with alleles better suited to their environment will allow the organism to survive and reproduce; therefore passing on their alleles which allowed them to survive. Over time, speciation will occur which is where the populations of blue eagle will become so different that they will be unable to successful interbreed to produce fertile offspring.

Made the question up so its not accurate at all idk if there actually is an eagle called blue eagle haha but the answer is lol
Original post by Theawesomejem
depends what the question asks tbh. If the question is for example:

The blue eagle originated from England. In 1919 some of them migrated to new Zealand to escape world war 1. Explain why in 2015 they can no longer successfully interbreed to produce fertile offspring.

The two species of blue eagle have become geographically separted. Naturally, genetic variation is a factor because each population of blue eagle has a wide range of alleles that control their characteristics already so they will have slight differences within the species. The two populations which have become isolated will undergo natural selection which is where the organisms with alleles better suited to their environment will allow the organism to survive and reproduce; therefore passing on their alleles which allowed them to survive. Over time, speciation will occur which is where the populations of blue eagle will become so different that they will be unable to successful interbreed to produce fertile offspring.

Made the question up so its not accurate at all idk if there actually is an eagle called blue eagle haha but the answer is lol

Okay great thanks!
Reply 386
Original post by Palette
1a is indeed about concentration of mineral ions and auxin

4b... carbon dioxide,, photosynthesis, glucose, cellulose, strengthen cell wall.

can you post all the answers
Original post by Mina_
can you post all the answers

I might once I post the whole thing.
Hi guys I was wondering for homeostasis do you urinate more if it is hot or cold and which one contains less mineral ions (is dilute) and why is this??? Thanks
Reply 389
Original post by gcsesimsoscared
Hi guys I was wondering for homeostasis do you urinate more if it is hot or cold and which one contains less mineral ions (is dilute) and why is this??? Thanks

You produce more urine if it is cold, because you lose less water as sweat so you lose more as urine. Urine is more dilute if it is cold also, because there is a higher quantity of water in it compared to when it is hot, because again water is lost through sweat in hot conditions. (mineral ions are also lost in sweat though!)
praying the 6 marker is the differences between mitosis and meiosis though
6 marker on B2 is likely to be on anaerobic and aerobic respiration , since it occurs in living organisms. They might ask when and where does anaerobic respiration and aerobic respiration occur and give examples. Just like June 2014 although instead of giving examples of diffusion its probably giving examples on aerobic and anaerobic respiration, since its occurs in almost all living organisms

Just my opinion guys , Good luck for tomorrow. :smile:
Original post by PawanAviator
6 marker on B2 is likely to be on anaerobic and aerobic respiration , since it occurs in living organisms. They might ask when and where does anaerobic respiration and aerobic respiration occur and give examples. Just like June 2014 although instead of giving examples of diffusion its probably giving examples on aerobic and anaerobic respiration, since its occurs in almost all living organisms

Just my opinion guys , Good luck for tomorrow. :smile:

so what would you write for that???
Have a look at the previous pages of this thread:smile:
Original post by thurs001.310

as in how would you get 6 marks for a question on mitosis and meisosis and aerobic and anaerobic respiration
Original post by thurs001.310

could u please list some examples of aerobic and anaerobic respiration in organisms and also what do you think will be the 6 marker? :smile:
Reply 396
We arent allowed to talk about the ISA in tsr but i got 50/50 and the june 2014 papers are available on the AQA website. Furthermore any predictions for the 6 markers for b2 and or b3?
Reply 397
Original post by electrahearts
praying the 6 marker is the differences between mitosis and meiosis though

oh noes pls no
Reply 398
Original post by gcsesimsoscared

urinate more if your' e hot because ur more likely to be drinking water and keeping hydrated in the cold the urine is low but concentrated when cold. As for why i think that is beyond the spec
Original post by Ankit.B
urinate more if your' e hot because ur more likely to be drinking water and keeping hydrated in the cold the urine is low but concentrated when cold. As for why i think that is beyond the spec

If you read a thread another person answered my question with the complete opposite answer to you are u sure ur right or is she?? now im just confused could u please just clarify it for me? Thanks Katelyn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending