The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Medieval History At St Andrews

Any current students or fellow applicants? :smile:
Original post by Gos123
Any current students or fellow applicants? :smile:

Technically general history, but I've done all the sub honours Medieval modules :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by ElizabethRG
Technically general history, but I've done all the sub honours Medieval modules :smile:

Awesome, what modules did you do? I'm forced to do Catholic Reformation this year at A2, albeit interesting it doesn't do it for me. I'm doing my EPQ on Enrico Dandolo of Venice, - that is interesting.
Original post by Gos123
Awesome, what modules did you do? I'm forced to do Catholic Reformation this year at A2, albeit interesting it doesn't do it for me. I'm doing my EPQ on Enrico Dandolo of Venice, - that is interesting.

I can't remember the exact names, but they basically covered everything from around 400 to 1400. There's also a module on the early medieval church that is quite interesting.
Reply 4
Original post by ElizabethRG
I can't remember the exact names, but they basically covered everything from around 400 to 1400. There's also a module on the early medieval church that is quite interesting.

Interesting, I would love to study Byzantium in that period!
For me, 1000-1550 is my favourite period of history.
Original post by Gos123
Interesting, I would love to study Byzantium in that period!
For me, 1000-1550 is my favourite period of history.

We really didn't do a lot of Byzantium (if at all…). The courses for this year are here if you want to see what was covered: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/media/publications/coursecatalogue/undergraduate/2014-2015/10002000level/history%20-%2014-15-subhons.pdf

None of the history classes here have covered my favourite areas, though the good thing with that is you learn a lot more than you would otherwise.
Hi , I want to do medieval studies. Do they still do it at St. Andrews as an undergraduate programme or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending