The Student Room Group

How can I leave my Apprenticeship?

I'm studying hairdressing at the moment on an apprenticeship I've been doing it for 3months, I get paid £109 per week and do 40hours, I really like doing it and have had a good time. The expected duration is 3years.

However it's not the career path I want. Before I done this, I applied to a Dental Nursing school in a hospital to get on a course there. To do an apprenticeship and 1day a week in college, And they asked for a interview which I went to, And have offered me a place in September, Which I'm thrilled about, As this is the career I want.

But now, I don't know to do, How can I quit my apprenticeship in August before I start my new Apprenticeship? Do I need to give 30 days notice or what? I wanna keep doing hairdressing till then because, I don't wanna be on JSA.

Please help, I'm 19 by the way :smile:
Original post by Pinkeyjeniix
I'm studying hairdressing at the moment on an apprenticeship I've been doing it for 3months, I get paid £109 per week and do 40hours, I really like doing it and have had a good time. The expected duration is 3years.

However it's not the career path I want. Before I done this, I applied to a Dental Nursing school in a hospital to get on a course there. To do an apprenticeship and 1day a week in college, And they asked for a interview which I went to, And have offered me a place in September, Which I'm thrilled about, As this is the career I want.

But now, I don't know to do, How can I quit my apprenticeship in August before I start my new Apprenticeship? Do I need to give 30 days notice or what? I wanna keep doing hairdressing till then because, I don't wanna be on JSA.

Please help, I'm 19 by the way :smile:

Heya, I've just moved this to the apprenticeships forum as I think someone should be able to help you here :h:
Check your employment contract, the notice they require should be laid out on there, hand in your notice early enough to make sure the two don't overlap and use the contract as guidance

Good luck for your new apprenticeship!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending