The Student Room Group

Expulsion in third year

If I am expelled in my third year can I still apply for a degree apprenticeship. Need some advice pls !!
Yep, apprenticeships are funned differently, but an employer would definitely ask some questions, If you have been kicked out of university then are you the right fit for the business, you need to remember degree apprenticeships are extremely competitive.
Reply 2
Original post by compressed-infid
Yep, apprenticeships are funned differently, but an employer would definitely ask some questions, If you have been kicked out of university then are you the right fit for the business, you need to remember degree apprenticeships are extremely competitive.

Will I still be eligible for the full funding?
Original post by rockkkkkk
Will I still be eligible for the full funding?

Yep, I've seen people do degrees then do degree apprenticeships. Apprenticeships are funded via an entirely different system, I have part of a degree (DipHE), And have just been enrolled on an apprenticeship in my current role. If you have been expelled though I would seriously question if this is the right move, employers will do checks. I work within the Early Careers field, so do checks on candidates as part of my role.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4

Yep, I've seen people do degrees then do degree apprenticeships. Apprenticeships are funded via an entirely different system, I have part of a degree (DipHE), And have just been enrolled on an apprenticeship in my current role. If you have been expelled though I would seriously question if this is the right move, employers will do checks. I work within the Early Careers field, so do checks on candidates as part of my role.

If the expulsion was due to academic misconduct will this be a major obstacle
If the expulsion was due to academic misconduct will this be a major obstacle

It depends, as someone who recruits apprentices, if that came up, I would question the persons integrity and how it aligns to company, it will depend on the recruiter and the business though. Not a major obstacle, but I would seriously have a think about what your motives are for wanting to jump straight back into to doing another degree after being caught for academic misconduct, not every career you need to do a degree. What do you see as your dream job?
Reply 6

It depends, as someone who recruits apprentices, if that came up, I would question the persons integrity and how it aligns to company, it will depend on the recruiter and the business though. Not a major obstacle, but I would seriously have a think about what your motives are for wanting to jump straight back into to doing another degree after being caught for academic misconduct, not every career you need to do a degree. What do you see as your dream job?

That’s good to hear. I want to do something related to health for example a dental nurse or oral health practitioner or an apprenticeship related to science
That’s good to hear. I want to do something related to health for example a dental nurse or oral health practitioner or an apprenticeship related to science

Why i ask this is not all apprenticeships are "Degree" Level, for example the Dental nurse Apprenticeship is a Level 3, Dental technician is a Level 5. Ill drop a link to IFATE this is like the master list of apprenticeship qualifications. :smile:

https://occupational-maps.instituteforapprenticeships.org/maps/route/health-science
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 8

Why i ask this is not all apprenticeships are "Degree" Level, for example the Dental nurse Apprenticeship is a Level 3, Dental technician is a Level 5. Ill drop a link to IFATE this is like the master list of apprenticeship qualifications. :smile:

https://occupational-maps.instituteforapprenticeships.org/maps/route/health-science

Thank u so much :smile: in regard to the DipHe is this available to any student who has only completed 2 years of their university degree
Thank u so much :smile: in regard to the DipHe is this available to any student who has only completed 2 years of their university degree

Yeah if you leave university for any reason, your typically entitled to an exit award, so 2 years would be a DipHE. I would check with your university, as it might get void if its for academic misconduct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending