The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Accomodation 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone choose the quads as their first choice?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by emilyp97
Does anyone know whether any of the accommodation options are gone yet?

Emily - I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep hitting the refresh button on your emails!
Yep! :crossedf::crossedf:
Original post by HamishKerr
I read that last year Solsbury and Marlborough closed for applications after 2 days. ?!

Ahhh maybe they close when so many people have put them as first choice that it is impossible for enough people to not get their offers.
There's also the quads this year that are new - so adding loads more 1st year rooms. So this year should be better!
There's also the quads this year that are new - so adding loads more 1st year rooms. So this year should be better!

The fact that quads was part catered put me off. I'm hoping to only spend £25 a week on food anyway
Yep! :crossedf::crossedf:

Ah good what are you studying at bath?
Hey, I have Bath down as my insurance, do I need to/ can I apply for accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by edgorrell
Anyone choose the quads as their first choice?

Yes mate! See you in September!
Original post by Andy_Pandy93
Yes mate! See you in September!

Yes hopefully:smile: what are you studying at bath?:smile:
Original post by abccba120
Hey, I have Bath down as my insurance, do I/ can I apply for accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!

Unfortunately you can't apply yet, as it is only open for applications from students who have selected Bath as their firm choice. You will be able to apply at a later date and will be sent information about this via email. There is a bit more info here.

Hope this helps!
Sam
Has anyone else still got the "awaiting verification" bit on their application? I have it and I'm just wondering as I got my confirmation an hour ago.
Yes hopefully:smile: what are you studying at bath?:smile:

Pharmacy :biggrin:
You?
Original post by Andy_Pandy93
Pharmacy :biggrin:
You?

Chemistry:smile:
Original post by emilyp97
Does anyone know whether any of the accommodation options are gone yet?

Original post by Rainybird
I don't think it works like that. They wait until results day before allocating the accommodation.

Once the maximum number of applications for each accommodation has been filled then students will no longer be able to apply for those accommodations. However, this usually takes a few days before even the most popular options are unavailable, so anyone applying today should have no problem with that! If you are considering applying for Solsbury or Marlborough, they are usually the first/only ones to have this situation, so best to apply as soon as possible, but don't worry or stress about options being unavailable!

Sam
Chemistry:smile:

Awesome. We'll more than likely be sharing some lectures then in first year!
Why are they opening on 13th April when some people who are applying to competitive courses are yet to get all their offers, some of them including myself could lose out on their favourite accommodation?
I applied at around 9.32am and want Sols as put it as my first choice. Is it first come first served and now likely am I to get it? So worried as don't really want my other choices..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by University Of Bath
Once the maximum number of applications for each accommodation has been filled then students will no longer be able to apply for those accommodations. However, this usually takes a few days before even the most popular options are unavailable, so anyone applying today should have no problem with that! If you are considering applying for Solsbury or Marlborough, they are usually the first/only ones to have this situation, so best to apply as soon as possible, but don't worry or stress about options being unavailable!

Sam

Do you know how quickly Solsbury and Marlborough get applications? I confirmed my application a 9:45 and I just wanted to know if you know what my chances are like of getting one of the 463 rooms?
I didnt realise that it would take two days for my choices to go through on UCAS, so I only did it this morning! Solsbury/Marlborough is my first choice, does anyone know if there is any chance I'll get it? Is it first come first served?

Quick Reply

Latest