The Student Room Group

What should I do?

Got AAB AA in Maths, Phys, Econ, EPQ, AS Comp Sci. My offer was AAA with A in Maths for the Economics course, 2 marks off an A in Physics. Called Bath today many times whether I still have a place as on UCAS they have not officially made a decision - it said they were asking for my FM grade which I withdrew from a month or 2 ago so there is that miscommunication I have been trying to clear up. I have a clearing offer from Southampton for MORSE. Way more enthusiatic about Bath right now as I like the course and had fun when I stayed over at a mate's accomodation so I am still hopeful I might not be rejected. I called Bath on how long they make take for their decision and they said at max it will take a week which is quite a while as my MORSE offer expires midnight tomorrow, tomorrow I will probably have to ask for an extension.

I have some concerns:
1) Would you just take the Southampton offer if they cannot extend the deadline to accept the offer?
2) The more time Bath takes, the more concerned I am about accomodation at Southampton since it is first come first serve?
3) If Bath rejects me surely they still have to hold my place as I can remark to meet my offer? What happens if I accept Southampton's offer?
4) I wonder if Bath will still reject me since places can become available from people choosing to defer or even withdraw completely?
What’s your status on UCAS Hub?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What’s your status on UCAS Hub?

Right now it currently says my application is unsuccessful, but when I phoned Bath several times they kept saying their decision still has not been made even though on UCAS Hub it says I got rejected. When I ask them why on UCAS Hub it says I have not been offerred a place the phone operator did not know why and said I will be told later their decision on UCAS Hub followed by an official rejection letter which I have no received yet.
Reply 3
Bump + Update: Southampton couldn't extend deadline for my offer, called and got rejected by Bath but hoping to gain 2 marks for physics as they are still keeping my place, accepted my Southampton offer though and I should still hopefully get accomodation soon
Original post by decoratequail
Bump + Update: Southampton couldn't extend deadline for my offer, called and got rejected by Bath but hoping to gain 2 marks for physics as they are still keeping my place, accepted my Southampton offer though and I should still hopefully get accomodation soon

Pah. Screw Bath. I bet you have a fabulous time in Southampton and the MORSE course there is really good - OR is one of their real maths strengths so it’s a bit of a hidden gem.

(although obviously if the review comes back with the higher grade and you do want to go back with bath then I suppose it’s ok :wink: but before you ask them to take you back check out the accommodation situation in bath - if there’s nowhere left and you would be busing in from miles away then an increased grade could be a mixed blessing)
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Pah. Screw Bath. I bet you have a fabulous time in Southampton and the MORSE course there is really good - OR is one of their real maths strengths so it’s a bit of a hidden gem.

(although obviously if the review comes back with the higher grade and you do want to go back with bath then I suppose it’s ok :wink: but before you ask them to take you back check out the accommodation situation in bath - if there’s nowhere left and you would be busing in from miles away then an increased grade could be a mixed blessing)

Thanks for your reply! Along with going to a concert recently and just spending time with mates I feel better now about missing Bath. Also researching more into Southampton made me appreciate it more. My priority remark got sent off Friday but I completely forgot about it until you mentioned it. If it goes well, I am confused on what my accomodation situation would be like at Bath since I already submitted an application as it was my firm choice. Might have to ring them up again and see what they say. Also thinking a little ahead into the future, I might want to do a Computer Science masters at UCL or ICL but I think you can't have a similar degree and I wonder whether MORSE would be considered too similar?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending