The Student Room Group

Aqa Unit 3b philosophy, topic "body, soul and personal identity" !

Scroll to see replies

How much wider reading have people done? I'm scared because I haven't done much...
Original post by iusgflsygwol
How much wider reading have people done? I'm scared because I haven't done much...

Don't worry I'm in the exact same position. I've just about skimmed through the AQA textbook!
Original post by sporadic_
With immortality do we just talk about different beliefs on it? So we can talk about the soul as well?

What is FWD an abbreviation for? Starting to freak out that I've missed something crucial...
What is FWD an abbreviation for? Starting to freak out that I've missed something crucial...

Free Will Defence :smile:
Free Will Defence :smile:

Oh okay! I thought it was in reference to the body, soul and personal identity topic but I read it wrong. I'm not doing problem of evil- religious language all the way
Oh okay! I thought it was in reference to the body, soul and personal identity topic but I read it wrong. I'm not doing problem of evil- religious language all the way

Ohh haha, don't worry about it then! :tongue: we're all going different topics I guess.

All the best for tomorrow!
Ohh haha, don't worry about it then! :tongue: we're all going different topics I guess.

All the best for tomorrow!

Thanks, you too! And good luck for whatever other exams you have left! :smile:
Original post by NattieHarris
yeah because rebirth hasn't been in the paper yet

june 2014 arguments for nature and existence of the soul
june 2013 was different ideas of resurrection and reincarnation
june 2012 was ideas about the existence of the soul and relationship with the body (they asked that pretty much in last years paper)
june 2011 i shall survive the death of my body (which is a more general question)
june 2010 was ndes

immortality last came up in the specimen paper, so my guess is either
ndes or immortality and something else like rebirth. I don't want immortality either but it'd be really risky not to go over it just because it hasn't come up in ages

and yeah same FWD, Hicks theodicy or the logical and evidential problem of evil i think are most likely

omg! how am i meant to cover all of that.

can you break down immorality of the soul..
and what we are meant to cover for all that

what are you revising for rebirth and immorality of the soul.
i missed it out and now am trying to revise it all..
its going to be a long night..
Original post by NattieHarris
yeah because rebirth hasn't been in the paper yet

june 2014 arguments for nature and existence of the soul
june 2013 was different ideas of resurrection and reincarnation
june 2012 was ideas about the existence of the soul and relationship with the body (they asked that pretty much in last years paper)
june 2011 i shall survive the death of my body (which is a more general question)
june 2010 was ndes

immortality last came up in the specimen paper, so my guess is either
ndes or immortality and something else like rebirth. I don't want immortality either but it'd be really risky not to go over it just because it hasn't come up in ages

and yeah same FWD, Hicks theodicy or the logical and evidential problem of evil i think are most likely

have you got a copy of the specimen paper? could you post the question pleasee?
OHHH GOD!!
Original post by TopDog123
have you got a copy of the specimen paper? could you post the question pleasee?
OHHH GOD!!

I don't have a copy by my teacher does a pack with student answers and his commentary on them and improves them but yeah the question was

examine similarities and differences between immortality and resurrection as concepts of how individuals survive beyond death (30)

evaluate arguments for the existence of the soul (20)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending