The Student Room Group
enough what....more detail might help anyone who could help...
Reply 2
Yeah, enough what? Give us a little more info, we're glad to help.
Reply 3
hmm hard to explain without you knowing the lab...

ok never mind, just help me with this question then: an apparatus which could measure the volume in a measuring cylinder more accurately than by eye? a specific example please!!

luv //J.
Biology HL
Economics SL
Maths Studies
French B SL
Reply 4
Hrm, maybe one of those erhm, what do you call them, electronic pipette-things.
Reply 5
Try a pressure sensor meter.
You can measure the pressure of the gas produced when an enzyme works. As the reaction rate increases (due to increasing temperature for example), more gas is produced thus the pressure increases.
This is a good method to use on an enzyme lab (or any other lab involving reaction rate)
Good luck!
Reply 6
Measure the radius and the height then use the volume of a cylinder equation!! :p:

As you can see, I'm a physicist :wink:
danglenister
Measure the radius and the height then use the volume of a cylinder equation!! :p:

As you can see, I'm a physicist :wink:

then the accuracy of the volume would depend on teh accuracy of your measurements which, in the end, would be measured with a ruler, thus by the eye anyway, so that kind of kills the point...
Reply 8
ruler measurements are more accurate (0.05cm) so would be easier to measure by eye.
yeah but I was under the impression that the question requests you to use something other than the eye.
Reply 10
thanks a bunch all of you! one more question though! should I explain aout how enzyme acitivtity works? like with the lock/key model and induced fit model?

Latest

Trending

Trending