The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Hello Lincoln!!

well, hello.

Im, erm, well. I used to live in Lincoln and hope you lot are looking after my beautiful little city! Just looking for the general gossip tbh. Any new bars? new dives? any idea whats going to be good this chrimbo? any bands worth seeing soon?

Oh, also when do you guys finish for christmas? ( the cities dead when theres no students there.) if any of yous are still there after the 9th dec i may bump into you, defo in scream -> have they removed that god-awful paint yet? yuck! like walking up stairs into a B&Q advert. Grrr, they spoiled my baby. Grrr.

Sorry for the drunkenness of this all, just started to wonder earlier.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

I finish the 15th but intend to stay until the 18th, spending the days and nights pissed
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Ill be over christmas , hopefully all my house mates go home so I can throw some partys.

Lincoln is still lincoln, small, boring and full of idiots. Your right about it being dead when the students leave thou . The bars are still there , just changed names and ownership. The only new bar is the engine shed ,which is massive by lincoln standards. Other than that , nothing ever changes in lincoln .

As for bands , not too sure but the bivouc is usually always packed on a friday (with our withotu students being at uni) with some good bands.
Reply 3
ha
i like lincoln lots! i think the move out date for halls is the 16th december...
theres a new primark.. which i've been in 5 times since it opened on tuesday!! haha... how disgusting. silly people dragging me in there :]
I think it's what you make of it as a city... I go out quite a lot... and it all seems dandy
Reply 4
primark = ace.
Reply 5
now there's a good intake of students i'm finding the prices going out are starting to get stupid, bars are either packed full or completely empty too
Reply 6
I used to work at dogma - so i knpw about the stupid prices. Whats eessemce lik? i remember once getting my drink spiked in marthas, playing pool an just stood there watching them do it - figured that if they were willing to drug/steal from people they were willing to stab me! is the engine shed open t every1 - like not just lincoln students? also what a crap name is 'whynot' and hell, were is te brayford keys.

sorry abount my speeling and things, but it is 7.47 and ive been getting drunked for a long time.
aww i love lincoln, going to be sad goin home for xmas :frown: and i think its really cheap to drink, for instance back home i take around £40 out and spend it all, in lincoln i can easily just take £20 out with me and still have a bit of cash left over at the end of the night :smile:
Reply 8
£40 and spend it all?? Whoa that is expensive! Unless of course you and your home friends are all wasters and drink to the floor and more. lol

I'm looking forward to going home.. but I also like it here too . . it is like living two lives! :smile:
Reply 9
I spend £40 on a night out here easy... which is why I am so poor! :frown:

I'm staying till the 23rd cause I don't want to go home for my birthday, which is the 20th! Hurah! 19.

I hate the Engine Shed. Off to stupid early lecture now byeee!
yea mansfields expensive to drink in!

engine shed is normally pretty ****e, but if you go there when your immensely drunk it suddenly turns great!
Reply 11
I went in the engine shed once .... yeah.
I love the engine shed lol, but most likely because thats where all my friends go and randomers that I seem to see there every time I go.
Reply 13
I cant spend upwards of £60 on a night out in lincoln on beer alone , christ knows how i manage it sometimes :frown:

I used to know the guy that ran marthas , top bloke . His business partner took all the money they got from the bank and did a runner , hence why it closed :frown:

Sugarcubes, scream and the jailhouse(if you dont get scared of lots of bikers) are the only places I really want to go out to for a night out. I dont mind being dragged around as long as its not ritzy's with the 'banging' tunes and 'wicked' new gangsta' rap yo !

I wish the falcoln was still about , ahhh memorys.........................
Reply 14
i again! Need some places recommending to me, (pref new places/ recently changed places) as ive been here for 3 yrs., grrr.
Reply 15
If you into rock music there are only 2 venues, sugarcubes and the jailhouse.

'cubes if your into the emo girls (mind you most are only 17 ) and the occasional biker.

Or the jailhosue if you dont mind pushing to the bar past a biker (well more like 30-40 bikers :biggrin: )

The jailhouse is usually 'quite' , people standing/sitting and drinking alot of beer and no trouble or '*****'. there is also the occasional band.
Jailhouse frightens me a little. But the guy who runs it is nice enough.
Reply 17
I ate a steak bake today.
It's my birthday in five days!
Reply 19
its my birth day in 160 days and I will be 22 :'(

Latest