The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Multiple subjects at Glasgow uni Query

Hey guys,

need some one advice can't seem to get a good understanding on this matter as I keep getting different responses.

basically I have two offers from glasgow one is for BA psychology and the other is SoSci psychology different ucas codes - my query is I understand that with these courses you are able to take two further subjects, I would like to know if I would be able to take Neuroscience along with psychology for one of my subjects I understand this is a science and I have been offered places for arts and social sciences but it does not say anywhere on the website that I am unable to take a science along with my degree choice, so confusing, can someone please give me advice on this?

thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Wast3d.y0uth
Hey guys,

need some one advice can't seem to get a good understanding on this matter as I keep getting different responses.

basically I have two offers from glasgow one is for BA psychology and the other is SoSci psychology different ucas codes - my query is I understand that with these courses you are able to take two further subjects, I would like to know if I would be able to take Neuroscience along with psychology for one of my subjects I understand this is a science and I have been offered places for arts and social sciences but it does not say anywhere on the website that I am unable to take a science along with my degree choice, so confusing, can someone please give me advice on this?

thank you!

Hey :smile:

From what I understand from the way its described on the website is you pick 3 subjects in first year. The way its worded seems like you pick 2 or 3 from the faculty your in or you can choose 1 from another department. So if you done the social science way you could take Psychology and Sociology for example and then Neuroscience as your third.

Here's the link so you can read for yourself.

http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/choosingyourdegree/artssciencesocialsciences/
(edited 9 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello thank you for your response, yes I read this also, unfortunately its not very clear in explaining if I can only pick from the faculty I enter the university with or will I have the option to choose a different faculty subject, when I have asked other students they say I can do this however emailing the neuroscience faculty I was just told that psychology/neuroscience is a BSc degree therefore that is how I enter the university, the information is just so confusing.
Reply 3
I think you are confusing two things;

Joint Degrees: where your final honours are split between two things, e.g. psychology and neuroscience. You can be put down for one of these from first year, but you can change your degree classification up until 3rd year depending on the prerequisite subjects you've taken and your exam results.

Yearly subject choice: in first year you choose subjects to make up 120 credits. In first year you would take Biology 1 (40 credits), Psychology 1 (40 credits), and something else. Neuroscience comes later as a 2nd year course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending