The Student Room Group

A*A*C for a courses requiring A*AA/AAA/ABB

I've recently finished by a-levels and gotten beyond my predicted and decided to reapply this September, I've applied to courses requiring these grades and I'm unsure of how scale my likelihood of getting accepted. I know that the C I've gotten throws it off but are my chances bad even though the A*s kinda cancel them out? in a response i'd appreciate maybe a rough estimate on how likely i'd be with each.
Original post by JR05
I've recently finished by a-levels and gotten beyond my predicted and decided to reapply this September, I've applied to courses requiring these grades and I'm unsure of how scale my likelihood of getting accepted. I know that the C I've gotten throws it off but are my chances bad even though the A*s kinda cancel them out? in a response i'd appreciate maybe a rough estimate on how likely i'd be with each.

Are you applying for 2024/25? Why not resit the subject with the C?
Reply 2
Original post by JR05

Phone up the admissions depts of your desired unis and ask them.It would have been wiser to do this before applying but we are where we are.
Reply 3
Original post by JR05

Which subjects at A level and which course are you applying for (plus which universities). That makes a huge difference.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Which subjects at A level and which course are you applying for (plus which universities). That makes a huge difference.

Economics; St Andrews, Glasgow, Kings, UCL
Reply 5
Original post by JR05
Economics; St Andrews, Glasgow, Kings, UCL

and which A levels did you take at which grade each?
Reply 6
Original post by Holger23
Phone up the admissions depts of your desired unis and ask them.It would have been wiser to do this before applying but we are where we are.

my page consists of hypothetical questions asked by others and relayed through this account.
Reply 7
Original post by ajj2000
and which A levels did you take at which grade each?

A* Mathematics
A* Economics
C Physics
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by JR05
A* Mathematics
A* Economics
C Physics

ok - so no further maths - for St Andrews and Glasgow is it fair to assume you are not a Scottish applicant (or international) given you did A levels?
Reply 9
Original post by ajj2000
ok - so no further maths - for St Andrews and Glasgow is it fair to assume you are not a Scottish applicant (or international) given you did A levels?

yes
Reply 10
Original post by JR05
yes

ok - I don't think anyone is clear on how KCL or UCL select candidates regarding whether they have further maths or not. These are both very popular courses (particularly UCL) so I think may be longshots. Not sure about St Andrews but suspect economics is heavily oversubscribed.

Glasgow might be ok as their stated grades are not super high.
Reply 11
Original post by JR05
my page consists of hypothetical questions asked by others and relayed through this account.

What does this even mean!
Reply 12
Original post by Holger23
What does this even mean!

the scenarios and questions i ask aren't from real standpoints but rather for advice and insight on what could others could do in these predicaments.
Reply 13
Original post by JR05
the scenarios and questions i ask aren't from real standpoints but rather for advice and insight on what could others could do in these predicaments.

Do you not think we don't get enough real queries everyday!Anyway my advice would still stand hypothetical or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending