The Student Room Group

When is it too late for you?

When is it too late to start revising for the grades that you want?
Reply 1
The most important thing is to not compare yourself to others! What works for one person may not work for someone else.

I'm sitting my AS Levels (and one A2) this year and I'm planning to start revising over Easter. Don't panic if you haven't started yet!! There's plenty of time I think, but if you're struggling with a certain topic maybe get that out of the way now if you want, but I reckon Easter is a good time to start

Don't leave it too late of course; it's always better to start earlier and take it more slowly than have to rush and stress out if you start too late
Original post by walshie
The most important thing is to not compare yourself to others! What works for one person may not work for someone else.

I'm sitting my AS Levels (and one A2) this year and I'm planning to start revising over Easter. Don't panic if you haven't started yet!! There's plenty of time I think, but if you're struggling with a certain topic maybe get that out of the way now if you want, but I reckon Easter is a good time to start

Don't leave it too late of course; it's always better to start earlier and take it more slowly than have to rush and stress out if you start too late

I knew someone would make that assumption :tongue: I've already started revising 3 weeks ago, and your plan seems reasonable... what A levels? And Im surprised you're doing them now
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Your post is utterly useless
Original post by Angelo12231
I knew someone would make that assumption :tongue: I've already started revising 3 weeks ago, and your plan seems reasonable... what A levels? And Im surprised you're doing them now
Original post by naxiv
Your post is utterly useless

Well then I guess that makes your comment utterly useless too.

What's a bit of curiosity?
Reply 5
Just shut up
Well then I guess that makes your comment utterly useless too.

What's a bit of curiosity?
Original post by naxiv
Just shut up

Likewise, kid.
Reply 7
Dont let me post a picture of you here Mr A Nicholas
Likewise, kid.
Original post by naxiv
Dont let me post a picture of you here Mr A Nicholas

Pretty sure there's one on my profile...

''Well theres a difference between someone working on UUUE. If the content of your post is stupid, why post it?''

Seems like I'm not your first victim
:colone:
Reply 9
What would a UUUE grader even think of beyond? Your thread is stupid, the answer is that it differs for everyone. Now shush and close the thread
Pretty sure there's one on my profile...

''Well theres a difference between someone working on UUUE. If the content of your post is stupid, why post it?''

Seems like I'm not your first victim
:colone:
When is it too late to start revising for the grades that you want?

I would say three or two days before the exams. In these days you should be focus on your examination days.
Original post by naxiv
What would a UUUE grader even think of beyond? Your thread is stupid, the answer is that it differs for everyone. Now shush and close the thread

Hence the post... Just leave :colone:
Ideally, the earlier the better.
The only person I've known to get their ideal grades started revising 14 days before the actual exam, I guess that works for some people, but not everyone.
Original post by Plasmapause
The only person I've known to get their ideal grades started revising 14 days before the actual exam, I guess that works for some people, but not everyone.

Depends, what were his/her ideal grades?
Original post by Plasmapause

And they have nothing done before? in every single subject? that is pretty short.
Reply 15

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and Computing A2, so with an already heavy workload and a coursework project, in my case it definitely makes sense to leave revision until Easter, but it always depends on the person

If you've started revising 3 weeks ago then you should be absolutely fine, I don't think you have to worry about leaving it too late at all!

Good luck in the summer :smile:
Depends on your target grades. I was still in the gcse mind frame and was so used to getting As without any work, so I properly started AS exams in may and I realized how much I had to do and was overwhelmed. Literally 10am til 3am everyday relentlessly and I got BBC in the end, which doesn't sound too good but I was 6 UMS marks off AAC. Started in early march this year as I have a tonne of resits to do

Quick Reply

Latest