The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Difficult decision

Hi guys,

I have received offers from universities and am wondering who to firm. I have offers for Computer and Management Sciences in Warwick and Computer Science and Business Management in University of Birmingham.

I need to pick one of these as a firm choice.

Since it is a joint course, i can only look at uni tables for each course separately. Birmingham is better in Computer Science, however, Warwick is better in the Business related part.

I'm having a really difficult time deciding and would appreciate any advice

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by shados97
Hi guys,

I have received offers from universities and am wondering who to firm. I have offers for Computer and Management Sciences in Warwick and Computer Science and Business Management in University of Birmingham.

I need to pick one of these as a firm choice.

Since it is a joint course, i can only look at uni tables for each course separately. Birmingham is better in Computer Science, however, Warwick is better in the Business related part.

I'm having a really difficult time deciding and would appreciate any advice

Thanks in advance

Which course do you prefer in terms of modules? Does one have more interesting modules than the other?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Sadly, they both have quite similar modules, thus making it even harder to decide. I'll further look into the modules though. Thats a good idea. Any other advice on the unis themselves?
Reply 3
Sadly, they both have quite similar modules, thus making it even harder to decide. I'll further look into the modules though. Thats a good idea. Any other advice on the unis themselves?

I'm biased because I'll be firming Birmingham. :tongue: However, think about the environment in which you'd like to live/study - I don't know about Warwick, but UoB is a campus university and Birmingham is a big city. Does that appeal to you?

Have you visited both unis?
Reply 4
Original post by la95
I'm biased because I'll be firming Birmingham. :tongue: However, think about the environment in which you'd like to live/study - I don't know about Warwick, but UoB is a campus university and Birmingham is a big city. Does that appeal to you?

Have you visited both unis?

I have visited them both and saw that both are extremely nice :smile: . Of course, Birmingham will have more of a city feel, however, i cant shake off the feeling that Warwick might be better for the future, that is, getting a job.

Which course do you plan to firm?
Warwick also has an impressive Research programme for computer science so im not sure if its standing on the uni table will improve drastically over the time im there :/
Reply 5
I have visited them both and saw that both are extremely nice :smile: . Of course, Birmingham will have more of a city feel, however, i cant shake off the feeling that Warwick might be better for the future, that is, getting a job.

Which course do you plan to firm?
Warwick also has an impressive Research programme for computer science so im not sure if its standing on the uni table will improve drastically over the time im there :/

Does the city aspect of Birmingham appeal to you?

What makes you think that Warwick will bolster your job prospects moreso than Birmingham?

I'll be firming Liberal Arts and Sciences. :smile:

The research programme isn't something I can comment on because I'm pretty clueless where computer science is concerned. Perhaps you could post a specific question relating to how the research programme might affect the league table standing/your job prospects in the computer science forum?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending