The Student Room Group

computer science or science or humanities

So I'm not sure which to pick from the two, or should i just go and do humanities?
Hello @mechanical-twitc,

This sounds like a really tough decision and I completely empathise with how difficult it can be to choose your subject!

I suggest thinking about your long-term goals before choosing a course. Consider which course will help you achieve your career aspirations. If you're unsure about your career path, research the course modules to see which one aligns with your interests. You could also try looking at job listings to see which ones sound interesting to you and what qualifications they ask for.

At LIBF, we have written a study guide which cover topics like career prospects, salary expectations and how to prepare for a degree in computer science. I think whilst might be helpful for you when considering each career path - https://bit.ly/3TrrFLd.

I hope that this helps with your decision 😊

Thanks,

Becky
Original post by mechanical-twitc
So I'm not sure which to pick from the two, or should i just go and do humanities?

Hi!

I'm afraid only you can make that choice. My advice would be to look into the jobs that come out of these degrees, look at their working hours, place of work, salary, location, types of projects they work on and see which seem the most interesting to you.

I would also say that if you can't decide don't rush yourself into choosing. University is amazing and something I really enjoy but being stuck doing a course you don't like would not be fun. Maybe try doing a little coding one day, do a report on a science subject another and write a small paper on a humanities topic another and see what you enjoy the most. If you can't come to a decision a year out is an absolutely fine route to take if it'll help you find something you are really passionate about. Or if you are passionate about something but don't have the corresponding A-levels a foundation year is also an option too.

I hope this helps a little and just remember to trust yourself - you know yourself the best and you'll come to the right decision :smile:

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending