The Student Room Group

DWP general executive officer

I have been offered an interview today so i'm trying to prepare. Would anyone who had an interview already be willing to share the questions they were asked?
thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Charlottemath2
I have been offered an interview today so i'm trying to prepare. Would anyone who had an interview already be willing to share the questions they were asked?
thanks

I did the interview almost 4 weeks for the Yorkshire post. 6 questions in total, 2 per behaviour. I think the lead behaviour is communicating and influencing so the first 2 questions will be on that, followed by 2 questions on managing quality service (customer service related questions) and last 2 making effective decisions (how you successfully made a decision which made an impact to your customer/job)

Tip: Practise before clicking ‘start test’ as many times till you feel comfortable as it can be awkward on camera if you are not comfortable like myself lol!

Follow the STAR technique much as possible. I know it can be difficult for some such as my self but along as you focus on ‘Action’ so what action you took to improve services or actions you took to come to a decision etc that should it should be okay.

Remember not to say “We” but say “I” as this is about YOU and how you successfully communicated an idea, how you provided good service and how you made an effective decision.

Keep some notes on you if you want, as I am sure you are allowed to refer to notes in the interview for pointers.

Potential Questions:

Tell me a time you changed your communication at work to improve service?

Tell me a time you communicated and influenced someone?

Tell me a time you provided good customer service?

Tell me a time when you focused on improving a service?

Tell me a time you made a fast decision?

Tell me a time you made a fair decision?

Tell me a time you made a effective decision without all the information?

I wasn’t asked all of these some were worded differently. I would definitely you tube some and general google search for further questions.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sumzfc
I did the interview almost 4 weeks for the Yorkshire post. 6 questions in total, 2 per behaviour. I think the lead behaviour is communicating and influencing so the first 2 questions will be on that, followed by 2 questions on managing quality service (customer service related questions) and last 2 making effective decisions (how you successfully made a decision which made an impact to your customer/job)

Tip: Practise before clicking ‘start test’ as many times till you feel comfortable as it can be awkward on camera if you are not comfortable like myself lol!

Follow the STAR technique much as possible. I know it can be difficult for some such as my self but along as you focus on ‘Action’ so what action you took to improve services or actions you took to come to a decision etc that should it should be okay.

Remember not to say “We” but say “I” as this is about YOU and how you successfully communicated an idea, how you provided good service and how you made an effective decision.

Keep some notes on you if you want, as I am sure you are allowed to refer to notes in the interview for pointers.

Potential Questions:

Tell me a time you changed your communication at work to improve service?

Tell me a time you communicated and influenced someone?

Tell me a time you provided good customer service?

Tell me a time when you focused on improving a service?

Tell me a time you made a fast decision?

Tell me a time you made a fair decision?

Tell me a time you made a effective decision without all the information?

I wasn’t asked all of these some were worded differently. I would definitely you tube some and general google search for further questions.

Good luck :smile:

Your reply on this thread really helped me thank you so much. I just had my interview how long do they take to give a response how you did? Thank you.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending