The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Starting NTU IN September 2015! Need help?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi, just wondering if you get free internet in ntu halls (im in sandby)?
Also what do we need to bring for enrolment and do we go at any point when we arrive and do you know if we get specific halls tshirts?
Thankyou
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by _dannn
Hi, just wondering if you get free internet in ntu halls (im in sandby)?
Also what do we need to bring for enrolment and do we go at any point when we arrive and do you know if we get specific halls tshirts?
Thankyou

Hi _dannn,

Sorry for the late reply! The internet in our halls is free unless you want to buy an 'extra' package which has perks such as faster download speed.

Personally, I would bring any important documents that you have received from the university and maybe your passport (just in case). Also before enrolling in person, make sure you have completed the online section of your enrollment! As you can't enrol without doing so.

I have linked the opening times for enrollment at each campus down below, but I would try and get the enrolling done on your first day, as you won't receive your student card/freshers wristband until you do. (Might be difficult to get in certain events without either!)

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/starting_at_ntu/enrolment/when_you_get_here/index.html

Yes there are hall t-shirts, you can get them at the welcome event on Sunday.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 42
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi _dannn,

Sorry for the late reply! The internet in our halls is free unless you want to buy an 'extra' package which has perks such as faster download speed.

Personally, I would bring any important documents that you have received from the university and maybe your passport (just in case). Also before enrolling in person, make sure you have completed the online section of your enrollment! As you can't enrol without doing so.

I have linked the opening times for enrollment at each campus down below, but I would try and get the enrolling done on your first day, as you won't receive your student card/freshers wristband until you do. (Might be difficult to get in certain events without either!)

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/starting_at_ntu/enrolment/when_you_get_here/index.html

Yes there are hall t-shirts, you can get them at the welcome event on Sunday.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Ellen

Thankyou!
What welcome event is this from on sunday and where is it taking place?
Also do we have to pay to join societies and how do we go about doing this?
Sorry for all the questions
Original post by _dannn
Thankyou!
What welcome event is this from on sunday and where is it taking place?
Also do we have to pay to join societies and how do we go about doing this?
Sorry for all the questions

Hi _dannn,

It's no problem at all!

I believe that the shirts will be getting handed out when students move in or in events over the weekend.

I think some societies do have a cost to them, (for example a lot of the sport societies like for you to join the gym), but some of them are free so it all depends on the society really. The best way for you to find out more about a society or join/register interest is to go along to the Freshers fair, which for the City site is happening on the Thursday and Friday of Freshers Week.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 44
Is there a dress code for the club events during freshers week? So can you wear jeans or converse
Original post by _dannn
Is there a dress code for the club events during freshers week? So can you wear jeans or converse

Hi _dannn,

The majority of the club events (apart from the freshers ball) is very casual, so jeans and converses will be perfectly fine. Some of the events are fancy dress (Trent Army and the Beach Party) so make sure you consider that as well!

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending