The Student Room Group

Mock Results...

Basically, I didn't do too well on my mocks. C D E U. My teachers say I can get them up to As, but I only have 6 weeks. How i this possible?! Any good AS Revision tips?
Original post by ktarmstrongxo
Basically, I didn't do too well on my mocks. C D E U. My teachers say I can get them up to As, but I only have 6 weeks. How i this possible?! Any good AS Revision tips?

Which subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
History, Law, Italian and English Lit
Reply 3
Mind maps are always helpful. What I did last year was found out what type of learner I was so whether I was a visual, audio, or kinaesthetic learner. this allowed me to know what sort of revision would work for me and what would not. I ended up a visual learner so I draw pictures whether I can. if you get audio then read your notes out to yourself or record yourself reading your notes and then listen back to them. If you are kinaesthetic then any hands on work should help so making models if possible or acting out lit texts or something. hope this helps. :colondollar:
This is really helpful. Thank you so much!
I do History, Law and English Lit at A2. Tbh, it's gonna be a stretch to get your grades up. I find mocks to be somewhat accurate in summing up where you are.

If you haven't already try to do some past papers and pay close attention to mark schemes. It's not just about having knowledge of a subject, but also recognizing what a question is asking for and presenting it to examiners the way they want it.
Original post by JAndrade1
I do History, Law and English Lit at A2. Tbh, it's gonna be a stretch to get your grades up. I find mocks to be somewhat accurate in summing up where you are.

If you haven't already try to do some past papers and pay close attention to mark schemes. It's not just about having knowledge of a subject, but also recognizing what a question is asking for and presenting it to examiners the way they want it.

is that a general point or just for you spcifically because i always underpeform in mocks annd sort it out in the real exam
Original post by scrawlx101
is that a general point or just for you spcifically because i always underpeform in mocks annd sort it out in the real exam

That's just my personal experience.
Ah, okay. This sounds promising. Thank you for your help!
Reply 9
Original post by KrazyK18
Mind maps are always helpful. What I did last year was found out what type of learner I was so whether I was a visual, audio, or kinaesthetic learner. this allowed me to know what sort of revision would work for me and what would not. I ended up a visual learner so I draw pictures whether I can. if you get audio then read your notes out to yourself or record yourself reading your notes and then listen back to them. If you are kinaesthetic then any hands on work should help so making models if possible or acting out lit texts or something. hope this helps. :colondollar:

hi, how did you find about what type of learner you are?
Original post by Helpme.
hi, how did you find about what type of learner you are?

I found a test online there are many you can choose from.
http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=3209

I think this one will be the most useful hope this helps. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest