The Student Room Group

London Private Accommodation 2015-2016 HELP

Hey!
I'm going to be travelling abroad for the first time next Sept, when moving to London. I'll be studying at King's, and was hoping to find an alternative to the halls, as they are quite expensive. However, until now I wasn't able to find a lot of flats cheaper than 130/wk (which is what I'd get at King's), and everybody seems to be letting for periods starting from the next week or so. I've heard of people that have already signed, so where should I start looking?

Oh, a question for London based people here: how much are travel costs? Roughly approximated.

Also, I'm looking for potential housemates! One thing you should know: I'm not tidy. [but I'm not snoring and am very deep sleeper, and isn't that what truly matters?]
Reply 1
Original post by emanueladiana
Hey!
I'm going to be travelling abroad for the first time next Sept, when moving to London. I'll be studying at King's, and was hoping to find an alternative to the halls, as they are quite expensive. However, until now I wasn't able to find a lot of flats cheaper than 130/wk (which is what I'd get at King's), and everybody seems to be letting for periods starting from the next week or so. I've heard of people that have already signed, so where should I start looking?

Oh, a question for London based people here: how much are travel costs? Roughly approximated.

Also, I'm looking for potential housemates! One thing you should know: I'm not tidy. [but I'm not snoring and am very deep sleeper, and isn't that what truly matters?]

Hi there,
I'm moving to london as well in SEPT 2015 and am not keen to live in halls so want to rent privately like you! I'm going to be attending Goldsmiths, what about you>? and have you found potential housemates?
Reply 2
Hey!

Um, good luck with that lol. There's a reason they can charge exorbitant fees for the halls! (my sister pays £1300 a month for her 2 bed flat, and that's not even central - hampstead)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samba
Um, good luck with that lol. There's a reason they can charge exorbitant fees for the halls! (my sister pays £1300 a month for her 1 bed flat, and that's not even central - hampstead)

Yea, I know, I know. I wasn't able to find anything cheaper that was in zones 1-3. It's just that many fellows already in London are telling me, insistently, how much cheaper it's at private.
Reply 4
Yea, I know, I know. I wasn't able to find anything cheaper that was in zones 1-3. It's just that many fellows already in London are telling me, insistently, how much cheaper it's at private.

Yeye, but you're coming from abroad, to a new country, with stress and hassle, and a new school. Do you not value the security of knowing who your landlord is etc for an extra 10-15 a week, or whatever it'd cost? You'll have enough stress.
Original post by samba
Yeye, but you're coming from abroad, to a new country, with stress and hassle, and a new school. Do you not value the security of knowing who your landlord is etc for an extra 10-15 a week, or whatever it'd cost? You'll have enough stress.

Let's put it this way: my parents make together 5000 a year, and that's quite a lot above average. Every single pound matters for me:colondollar: Anyway, it doesn't hurt searching.
Original post by Gurungs
Hi there,
I'm moving to london as well in SEPT 2015 and am not keen to live in halls so want to rent privately like you! I'm going to be attending Goldsmiths, what about you>? and have you found potential housemates?

I'll be at King's, Computer Science. Nope, I haven't even started looking for properly. Heard I should start searchin at the end of May

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending