The Student Room Group

Postgraduate January Start- Accommodation

Hi!
I'm going to be starting a Masters course beginning in January 2024. What do students who start in January usually do for accommodation? From what I've looked at so far most tenancy dates for university and private student accommodation begin in the September...
Original post by jackswfc
Hi!
I'm going to be starting a Masters course beginning in January 2024. What do students who start in January usually do for accommodation? From what I've looked at so far most tenancy dates for university and private student accommodation begin in the September...

Hey!
You're correct that most tenancy dates for university and private student accommodation usually begin in September, which aligns with the start of the academic year. However, there are still options available for students starting in January, although they may be somewhat different from the standard arrangements.

Here are a few options you can consider:

University Accommodation: Some universities offer accommodation with flexible tenancy dates to cater to students starting their courses in January. It's worth reaching out to the housing department or student services at your university to inquire about any available options. They may be able to provide you with specific information on housing arrangements for January starters.

Private Accommodation: While many private accommodation providers follow the typical September start dates, it's still possible to find off-campus housing options. You can explore private rentals, shared apartments, or even look for existing tenants who might be subletting their rooms for the upcoming semester. Websites, social media groups, and local housing agencies can be helpful resources for finding such accommodations.

Temporary Accommodation: Another option to consider is finding temporary accommodation for the initial few weeks or months until you secure a more long-term arrangement. This could include staying in short-term rentals, hostels, or even booking a room in a hotel or bed and breakfast. This will provide you with a place to stay while you search for more suitable accommodation options.

Networking and Roommates: Connecting with other students who might be starting their courses in January can be beneficial. By joining online forums, social media groups, or university-specific platforms, you may find other students in a similar situation. Collaborating with them to search for accommodation or even considering shared accommodation can help make the process more manageable and cost-effective.

Remember, it's always a good idea to start your accommodation search well in advance, ideally a few months before your course begins. This will give you enough time to explore various options, understand the local rental market, and make informed decisions. Lastly, keep in touch with your university's housing services or student support team. They can offer further guidance and support to assist you in finding suitable accommodation options tailored to your specific needs. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your Masters course starting in January 2024! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton
Reply 2
Hi!

Hello, I have a studio in Stay Club Camden, NW1 8AJ , London

Tenancy Agreement is upto July 12th 2024 @ GBP 373 per week. Instalment Payment Options also available. ( * It can be extended )

We are open to reviewing later move in ( 1st December 23) for January 24 students , however would prefer to close with replacement tenant w.e.f 1st November 23 or earlier.
Located in the heart of Camden, the accommodation is perfectly placed for easy commutes to nearby universities along with a great student Vibe. The Studio is fully equipped with a double bed, study space, a kitchenette, wet room with shower, toilet and basin and plenty of storage. Bed linen, towels, starter kitchenware, and Wi-Fi are supplied at no extra cost.

Message if you are keen to pursue this further.
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi!
Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

The University of East London offers a diverse range of accommodation options that cater to the needs and preferences of its students. The university's housing facilities are strategically located, providing convenient access to campus amenities and local attractions.

For more information, feel free to contact the Residential life team. They can be reached via Telephone : + 44 (0)20 8223 4445 or via email: [email protected]

Please note that you may wish to register for our upcoming Open Event Day with the link provided: UEL | Open Event Day

-Anisha
Original post by University of East London
Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

The University of East London offers a diverse range of accommodation options that cater to the needs and preferences of its students. The university's housing facilities are strategically located, providing convenient access to campus amenities and local attractions.

For more information, feel free to contact the Residential life team. They can be reached via Telephone : + 44 (0)20 8223 4445 or via email: [email protected]

Please note that you may wish to register for our upcoming Open Event Day with the link provided: UEL | Open Event Day

-Anisha

Please check the date of threads before you reply - this one is 8 months old and the OP needed accommodation by Jan 2024.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending