The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE management

Hi guys,
At the moment I'm in the lower sixth form and the subjects I'm studying are Maths, Economics and Physics. (I don't have 4 because there isn't another subject that was attractive to me in my school) I'm predicted A*A*A for my A levels however in my Gcse's I got 2 A*'s 5 A's and 3 B's (which is not as impresive as most of the applicants).
I have near to 3 months of work experience so far in trading companies and I was wondering if anyone similar grades to me has been accepted for Management at lse.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by anarbayram
Hi guys,
At the moment I'm in the lower sixth form and the subjects I'm studying are Maths, Economics and Physics. (I don't have 4 because there isn't another subject that was attractive to me in my school) I'm predicted A*A*A for my A levels however in my Gcse's I got 2 A*'s 5 A's and 3 B's (which is not as impresive as most of the applicants).
I have near to 3 months of work experience so far in trading companies and I was wondering if anyone similar grades to me has been accepted for Management at lse.

Thanks

I got an offer with far lower grades, I wouldn't be worried tbh
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hi guys,

Thanks

Grades are not everything. In my experience, LSE does care A LOT about personal statements. So key is the personal statement. My Humble Opinion: The Admission Tutors read hundreds of statements, if not thousands. Do not be boring. Your teachers give the same advice to ALL their students. Your career and cv advisors will do the same. So, if you listen to them, you will loose all your originality and will write the same like many many other candidates. Bear in mind, that the advice your read online, for instance on TSR, will be read by many other students. So rather than sticking to guidelines, try to develop your own style. And you do not need to study English Literature to know how to write a good essay.

And if your PS does not make you stand out, and your grades are not extraordinary, it will be taugh.

So make sure you do not oversell yourself as keen wanna-be trader, but focus on your social interests, how you want to make an impact etc. Besides, Management is probably not the best degree to prepare for a later trading career.
Ducar is right - PS is key.

I'll only remind you that a management degree is not a manager training course. Rather, the social phenomenon of management is the object of academic enquiry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi guys,

Thanks

Your grades and subject combination are good. Like the advice above, your PS is the key. Why do you want to do Management? How would it help you in your career? How did your work experience influence your career choice? What inspired you? What aspects of the Management course interests you, and why or how would they help you with your career? LSE tries to choose people who are passionate about their course. LSE Management is a tough course and they want only those who would fit and persevere through.
Reply 5
I'm currently taking a 2ND GAP YEAR and my current grades are A*BB in Mathematics, Economics and Chemistry. I am retaking Economics and Chemistry and I'm predicted A*A*A* in Maths, Economics and Chemistry. I am planning to apply for the LSE Management course (AAA) and I have 9 As and 2Bs at GCSE. What are my chances of getting in ? I am trying to produce the best personal statement I can as I really want to get onto the course. When I first got my A-level results (August 2015) I got BCC in Econ, Maths and Chem respectively and this year (August 2016) I got A*BB as mentioned above. Now that I'm taking a 2ND GAP YEAR, I am doing work placements at KPMG and PwC to enhance my application plus a part time job. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES FOR THIS COURSE ? PLEASE can someone advise me and what are best things to include in my personal statement for LSE Management ??? My other four choices are;UCL - Management ScienceUCL - Statistics and Management for BusinessUCL - Statistics, Economics ans FinanceKCL - Economics and Managementbut LSE Management is my top choice. Please can I have some advice, thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending