The Student Room Group

My Econ Teacher says I will never ever get into LSE with A*AA predicted

I study: Maths (A), Economics(A) and Design Technology: Product Design(A*) A-levels and am considering my university application currently for Management/Econ with management. Would like to pursue a career in Consulting/Banking/Business.

Thinking about Management Bsc at LSE.
Do you think I could get in with my subject combination and predicted grades?

Would I be better off doing Econ with management at a less prestigious uni?
Original post by d_felton
I study: Maths (A), Economics(A) and Design Technology: Product Design(A*) A-levels and am considering my university application currently for Management/Econ with management. Would like to pursue a career in Consulting/Banking/Business.

You have 5 choices of universities and with those predicteds that could easily go up within a year with some hard work, definitely put LSE as a choice. You’ll be accepted by other unis easily so no harm in applying.
Original post by d_felton

I don't think A*AA predicted is an issue. The entry requirements are AAA and the most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved) by existing Management students at LSE are Mathematics (A), Economics (A) and Physics (A) - source. So it's not like they ask for AAA but every applicant has A*A*A*, or some nonsense like that.

If there is an issue, I'd have thought it might be your third subject. On this page the LSE list both "Common traditional academic/'generally preferred' subjects" and "Common "non-preferred" subjects". Design and Technology is in the second list. :frown: That being said, in their entry requirements for BSc Management (here) they say, "We believe a broad mix of traditional academic subjects to be the best preparation for studying at LSE and expect applicants to have at least two full A-levels or equivalent in these subjects. Whilst there is no one ideal subject combination, traditional academic subjects (such as natural sciences, English, economics, and the humanities) are preferred to less traditional subjects such as business studies or accounting."

So you might get away with the third subject being non-preferred, but I think you'd be at a disadvantage compared to a candidate who has three "traditional academic/'generally preferred' subjects".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending