The Student Room Group
Reply 1
TZ0 is an international paper, meaning that only 1 version of the paper was made - no TZ1 or TZ2.
Reply 2
But how can that be? I mean now that there are no TZ then cheating can occur easily as the exam can be just faxed to the other side of the world, where the exam is still to be written?? How stupid is that...
Reply 3
unless u have an extreme memory and can remember every question word to word, cheating is usually unlikely..thats due to the fact that students are NOT allowed to take anything from the exam out of the exam room...if u came in with a pen, ull leave with a pen and that is all
even if you happen to remember the answer to question 3 is ___, for math you have to provide working to get full marks. as for giving a person the general idea of what is in the exam paper, anyone could do that from looking at past exams. I mean, I know Math HL paper 2 will almost always have a proof by induction question, some calculus stuff, stuff that might not have been stressed on in paper 1.
Reply 5
yes exactly, so it dsnt really matter if there is only one international paper....truth has it, many times wen there has been two timezones, the questions have not ben very different, in fact the same questions appear on both papers, so it actually might be safer to have a single timezone....n ive yet to hear ive such a cheat story, honestly who wud want to give someone an unfair advantage wen theyre both in the same exam session....
good point. you'd have to be really stupid. or really nice and really stupid.
Reply 7
like even in my own yr level, there were ppl who did not want to share anything with anyone...srsly, ppl were hiding past papers from each other so he/she wud have more to work n study from n ultimately be more prepared, it was really pathetic but thats the rules of the games, so i doubt anyone is gna be stupid enough to give questions/answers from exam papers to anyone else, even if u gave em a million bucks..its the ultimate ego situation, i must get higher than this, that n this person

also, we actually had ppl ACTING for two whole yrs...they played 'im the dumb' role, but secretly they were working tirelessly, n so far their IA marks have are showing it...
Reply 8
avelez89
Hello all. It appears that there are no timezones for Math HL May 2006 exams. However there were timezones for 2004 and 2005. Can somebody please help me confirm this? is math hl may 2006 just TZ0 or are there TZ1 and TZ2 papers?

have u asked ur math teacher???
he/she is the only person who will be able to give a answer u can trust
if the paper has TZ0 on it it means there's no TZ1 or 2
Reply 10
that is right...while u were sitting the exam, do u remember seeing if it was TZO or TZ1/TZ2
not in math exams. I mean, I barely have enough time to complete the papers as it is. I dont look at anything other than the questions on the paper in math exams. :smile:
Reply 12
yea i thought i wud get that response hehe...i know that not one person in my math class completed paper 2, we juss didnt have enough time, i dnt even remember if i checked to see if i was doing the right paper
oh we had time before the exam starts to check whether we had the right paper. I just never think to check TZ. and after the exam starts...
Reply 14
yea its IB's official operations, u have to check, but i think i was toooo nervous to check
I think May 2006 is TZ0... that is at least the only paper I have, and as the existance of TZ0 means there in no 1 or 2 there are logically no such papers...

Latest

Trending

Trending