The Student Room Group

Help choosing my options

Hi everyone, I've run into some confusion and all help would be greatly appreciated.

BACKGROUND:
Currently I'm in year 12 (17 years old) and am studying Business A levels & ICT Diploma. I have been interested in all things related with accounting for around a year now, particularly in AAT and CIMA.

What I want to do now is leave year 12 after my AS exams are done (before I finish is fine aswell) and start a course in CIMA. There are a few sections though that I need help with:
-Am I old enough to start CIMA?
-If so, which Institutes (preferably in London) provide courses in CIMA for people my age?
-Would I be able to receive financial help for my course or will I have to pay for it all?
-At my age should I start off with AAT then proceed to CIMA or is it fine to start CIMA straight away (starting from the CIMA certificate in business accounting)

If I have made any errors please point them out.
All help would be very useful and appreciated.
Thank you.
Original post by armin22
Hi everyone, I've run into some confusion and all help would be greatly appreciated.

BACKGROUND:
Currently I'm in year 12 (17 years old) and am studying Business A levels & ICT Diploma. I have been interested in all things related with accounting for around a year now, particularly in AAT and CIMA.

What I want to do now is leave year 12 after my AS exams are done (before I finish is fine aswell) and start a course in CIMA. There are a few sections though that I need help with:
-Am I old enough to start CIMA?
-If so, which Institutes (preferably in London) provide courses in CIMA for people my age?
-Would I be able to receive financial help for my course or will I have to pay for it all?
-At my age should I start off with AAT then proceed to CIMA or is it fine to start CIMA straight away (starting from the CIMA certificate in business accounting)

If I have made any errors please point them out.
All help would be very useful and appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi,

I would be very concerned about how you're going to find a good job in industry without decent A-levels.

Whether you do some sort of apprenticeship, school leaver programme, or internship I imagine they all require good A-level results.

My advice is consider the sorts of companies you want to work for and go onto their websites to see how they hire, who they hire and when they hire. Then mould yourself to those entry requirements.

If you ignore this advice then yes go straight to CIMA, no reason to do AAT, Kaplan and BPP are the main providers in London. You will have to pay for it yourself.

Hope that helps.
I agree with the advice given. Why are you looking at leaving after AS? It is definitely worth finishing them off as any apprenticships etc would require them as a minimum . There is no rush to do the other qualifications until you have achieved your a levels. Good luck in whatever you decide:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending