The Student Room Group

Lambing experience disadvantage?

Hi all,

I've been trying to organise lambing experience over the last week or so but have been informed by most farmers that they're either nearing the end of lambing or they already have enough help.

I'm hoping to apply for Veterinary Medicine this year, but only have one weeks lambing experience under my belt that I completed in April 2015. Would not having any lambing experience this year put me at a disadvantage in the application's process? One farmer has advised me that he is willing to have me for next year, so I could potentially add that to my work experience form as future experience.

Any advice would be welcome :smile:
Reply 1
What do you mean by not having any? If you already have one week, then you should be fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ABC05
What do you mean by not having any? If you already have one week, then you should be fine :smile:

Oops sorry, I meant I completed one weeks lambing in April 2014. Would this still count if I'm applying in October for 2016 Entry?
Reply 3
Original post by natv15
Oops sorry, I meant I completed one weeks lambing in April 2014. Would this still count if I'm applying in October for 2016 Entry?

It'll be within 2 years of your app, so should do! I applied for 2015 entry and around half of my w/e was from 2013 :smile: Provided you feel that you took enough from it to be able to talk about it in ps/interviews, one week is fine, so I wouldn't stress about getting any more if you're finding it particularly tricky to find more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Provided you've got enough other stuff, and can at least talk about it/show you have some knowledge about lambing if they ask, then you'll be fine. You can also arrange lambing for March/April 2016 and mention that you've got more booked. However I wouldn't mention you tried to get some this year but were too late, that doesn't look good at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending