The Student Room Group

English CIE help!!

Hey, well in mocks I got an A in English literature (56% :confused: ) and a B in english language (69%). I achieved this without any revision but I really want two A*s for english but im not sure how to revise :s-smilie:... could anyone give me any tips? thanks :smile:
I got 58% for english lit and got told I got a C and an A* was 80% though Im pretty sure my school lied so i was wondering what your school said the grade boundaries are? I didnt revise at all english language for mocks but theres this guy on youtube called mr bruff who explains how to answer the english language questions pretty well so I'm watching his videos, then for english lit im just learning all my notes so I know ill have things to say and Ill read through a few of my better essays just to get a feel for how to answer the questions I guess. I hate english so much :'(
Reply 2
Original post by JuliaM1998
I got 58% for english lit and got told I got a C and an A* was 80% though Im pretty sure my school lied so i was wondering what your school said the grade boundaries are? I didnt revise at all english language for mocks but theres this guy on youtube called mr bruff who explains how to answer the english language questions pretty well so I'm watching his videos, then for english lit im just learning all my notes so I know ill have things to say and Ill read through a few of my better essays just to get a feel for how to answer the questions I guess. I hate english so much :'(

Thanks I'll check his videos then... well my school didnt really tell us the grade boundaries but apparently it was all graded excluding our coursework marks (which is 25%). In my french mock I got 2 B's but because of my controlled assessment I got an A:biggrin:...How are you with revision....I feel like ive just wasted this whole easter :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by ibrahim24
Thanks I'll check his videos then... well my school didnt really tell us the grade boundaries but apparently it was all graded excluding our coursework marks (which is 25%). In my french mock I got 2 B's but because of my controlled assessment I got an A:biggrin:...How are you with revision....I feel like ive just wasted this whole easter :s-smilie::s-smilie:

literally same like apart from biology, chemistry and history i havent really revised any subjects properly I just procrastinate. Like i think im kind of a high A in most things because i somehow managed to revise properly for mocks and end of topic tests but if i dont get enough A*s my parents and school will kill me so lol im screwed
Reply 4
yeah ive only revised Biology and Physics...for mocks i messed up quite badly but I have quite a lot of gaps in between exams for cramming (which i'm quite good at). Aiming for 6A*s but I doubt I'll get anywhere near that with the little work I've done ://

good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by JuliaM1998
literally same like apart from biology, chemistry and history i havent really revised any subjects properly I just procrastinate. Like i think im kind of a high A in most things because i somehow managed to revise properly for mocks and end of topic tests but if i dont get enough A*s my parents and school will kill me so lol im screwed

forgot to tag u whoops:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending