The Student Room Group

How is your revision going?

How is your GCSE revision going. Where are you in your revision. Do you still have outstanding coursework/CA to do?
Reply 1
I still have some notes to do on certain subjects that are later on in the exam period. I do about 2-3 hours a night and have been starting to do past papers the past few weeks. I still have a bit of I.C.T to do, but that should be over petty quick. How you doing?
terrible :frown: I have done near to no revision so far.

I can't get motivated at all to revise and I can't believe we're not getting study leave so school is going to eat away at what little time I have left to revise. As for CA I think I'm all done-they went pretty well I know I got A* in my computing, history, english and triple science CA's but I haven't got my geography mark back yet- fingers crossed I get a star because the geography exam is scaring me I don't think I'll do well so I need a good CA to bring up my grade hopefully to an A overall.

So panicked about having no study leave because at school all i do is piss about and for some subjects (geography & triple science) I haven't understood anything in class so it's only at home I'm going to have to quickly learn it all. I need study leave >:frown: Maybe I can convince my mum to let me stay off sick for a few of the days?

My revision plan for now on is a form of cramming- I mean there's about a month so not the night before kind but I'm using flash cards now for science to learn the spec off by heart, for geography I haven't started yet but I think I'll look over past papers and plan out points for my answers, Computing I have no idea what i'm going to do, english & RE are being winged (maybe I'll read OMAM again? Maths my grandpa got me gcse maths to A* in a week so I'll look over that, French I'm going to start learning some vocab from the past papers and History I have no idea...

I could never be one of those people who starts revising months and months before exam time I need the stress to motivate me or I just sit around playing video games as I have just wasted all of Easter doing :P Ah well, now I'm starting to feel the stress it's time to revisie.. back to chemistry :smile:
Original post by AmyRevises

I can't get motivated at all to revise and I can't believe we're not getting study leave so school is going to eat away at what little time I have left to revise. As for CA I think I'm all done-they went pretty well I know I got A* in my computing, history, english and triple science CA's but I haven't got my geography mark back yet- fingers crossed I get a star because the geography exam is scaring me I don't think I'll do well so I need a good CA to bring up my grade hopefully to an A overall.

So panicked about having no study leave because at school all i do is piss about and for some subjects (geography & triple science) I haven't understood anything in class so it's only at home I'm going to have to quickly learn it all. I need study leave >:frown: Maybe I can convince my mum to let me stay off sick for a few of the days?

My revision plan for now on is a form of cramming- I mean there's about a month so not the night before kind but I'm using flash cards now for science to learn the spec off by heart, for geography I haven't started yet but I think I'll look over past papers and plan out points for my answers, Computing I have no idea what i'm going to do, english & RE are being winged (maybe I'll read OMAM again? Maths my grandpa got me gcse maths to A* in a week so I'll look over that, French I'm going to start learning some vocab from the past papers and History I have no idea...

I could never be one of those people who starts revising months and months before exam time I need the stress to motivate me or I just sit around playing video games as I have just wasted all of Easter doing :P Ah well, now I'm starting to feel the stress it's time to revisie.. back to chemistry :smile:

im in the exact same position as you are except I do have study leave after my first exam (thank god). What did u get in mocks? I was ill the entire christmas and revised the night before and managed 5As aand 5Bs so cramming works best for me.
Reply 4
Original post by AmyRevises

I'm sure you can luckily manage to pull off As in your overall GCSEs. All you need to do is get Bs in the exam. I'm in your position too - my science teacher is so sh*t hence why I am planning to cover all of P2within 2.5 weeks and planning to cover 26 topics of geography (AQA B) in 18 days (impossible)
However, my english CA is on an A (hopefully A* after moderation -Aqa) and also i want my geo CA to be on A (AQA B). I dont know about my ISA, so i have to try and get an A for all three exams.
I have also wasted my easter (not my fault:colondollar::colondollar:) which is why i'm planning on retakes in case i dont do too well (ie waste a year). I'd rather waste a year and go to good uni and good job than live the rest of my life with C grades
Original post by mnc61
How is your GCSE revision going. Where are you in your revision. Do you still have outstanding coursework/CA to do?

Pretty sh*t if im frankly honest. I don't have coursework, any coursework I had to do i had to do in school! I recently dropped food tech for more time to revise! I spent that time on Netflix and the free period I have in school I mess about.

- Only done 3 topics of physics, biology, chem.
- 1/5 chapters of the psychology short course
- the 2 easiest pages in my business course
- 1 maths paper

So, I'm panicking and still have no motivation! Please somebody help me!!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ibrahim24
im in the exact same position as you are except I do have study leave after my first exam (thank god). What did u get in mocks? I was ill the entire christmas and revised the night before and managed 5As aand 5Bs so cramming works best for me.

I crammed the night before we had each mock too (no excuse really I was just lazy) I think I got 4A* and 5A in my mocks but I'm really worried the actual exams will be a lot harder and also I wasn't stressed taking my mocks but in my real exams I know I will be. Oh well, at least if I fudge up they can look at my mocks and see I did well there. I agree cramming works best because the pressure makes me work more efficiently but I want to make sure I've at least looked through everything and gone through the stuff I don't have a clue about before.
I am ready for additional science but I need to practise past papers.

Citizenship and RE I should be done soon!!

English Lit and Spanish I just need to practice practice but I feel I'll be ready before the exam.

Physical geography I have learnt 75%of what I need to know.

I reckon I am a B grade student in maths atm but I have till June to become at least an A grade.
Catering and history I can get A* :smile:

So my revision is going good ish
Reply 8
Brilliant. Did 20 whole minutes last night. I'm feeling really confident!

Quick Reply

Latest