The Student Room Group

Planning Revision

I'm on a gap year to resit and I still havent started my revision and i did so bad in my exams in the summer

I have a lot of personal stuff im working on mostly being business stuff and then personal development like going to gym and I can't find a way to sneak in 2 hours of study everyday.

How do I go about planning an effective revision timetable while not sacrificing the other stuff im doing
Original post by Entrepreneur.
I'm on a gap year to resit and I still havent started my revision and i did so bad in my exams in the summer

I have a lot of personal stuff im working on mostly being business stuff and then personal development like going to gym and I can't find a way to sneak in 2 hours of study everyday.

How do I go about planning an effective revision timetable while not sacrificing the other stuff im doing

Hi @Entrepreneur.

Firstly try not to panic, you still have time.

I would start by writing down all the things you need to fit into your week to see how much you need to schedule, like revision, gym, work, seeing family/friends, free time (which is just as important when revising), and anything else you need to include.

Then, number the tasks or activities in order of priority/how important they are for you to complete. You can always cut them out of paper and arrange them physically too if this helps.

I find that seeing all my tasks together, I can then spread them out across the week. So your next step is to start planning them across your week.
I think one of the best revision tips is to do short but focused bursts of revision so that you don't feel overwhelmed at the though of revising for hours on end. Maybe you could dedicate a day to one or two subjects? Or spread your revision out over a few days so you have time during the day for other things, like going to the gym.

And remember to schedule in some free time/breaks. If you leave these out, you tend to feel like you're overworking yourself, and for me this just ends up with procrastination.

I hope this helps and you get your timetable sorted.
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Original post by Entrepreneur.

Treat the revision, your school work, as a job
The school work takes priority
In a day:
You sleep, wake up, clean yourself, food, _____, food___, prepare to sleep
Any time not for sleeping, eating, cleaning yourself can be used
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest