The Student Room Group

'women don't owe you the time of day'-should I take this literally?

I hear such sayings a lot in discussion. My opinion is there is a world of difference between entitlement to sex/dating, and to a lesser extent friendship, and common courtesy to acknowledge one another, say hello etc.

I say this because I find that when a guy ignores a girl, he's called rude inconsiderate selfish and immature. There's a recent thread dedicated to dissing a guy who did this

BUt when a guy is ignored, he is often accused of having a major entitlement complex.and to reassess his actions.and attitude.

I see this as a side effect of perpetuating the notion that men are likely to harrass after, even before rejection, so ignorance is the best policy. I believe this to be a dangerous assumption up there with 'all men will rape given the option' and rather than helping to create harmony between the genders, it's creating needless drama and conflict. It also assumes that men only want to talk to women to get in their pants.

I would elaborate but I'm on my phone.I'm a but rusty tonight :redface:

WHy is there this double standard? Do you see it often or am I exaggerating? If so do you agree with it? :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Come on man.you were doing so well.
Reply 2
Nobody owes anybody the time of day.
/end thread.
Original post by Valvopus
Nobody owes anybody the time of day.
/end thread.

Speaking clock? :cookie:
Reply 4
Original post by superwolf
Speaking clock? :cookie:

There's a reason it's pre-recorded and you're charged for calling it :P
Original post by Valvopus
There's a reason it's pre-recorded and you're charged for calling it :P

You've just shattered my innocence. :bawling:
Reply 6
Original post by superwolf
You've just shattered my innocence. :bawling:

:curious: :wtf: :nah: :rofl:
Original post by SophieSmall
Come on man.you were doing so well.

Everything is fine until I deal with the issue of handling relationships. Everywhere online the dating game is so ****ed up for everyone

I'll be getting outside tomorrow :tongue:
You should take it literally. If you want to know the time of day you should carry a phone or a watch. Women dont owe it to you to tell you.
I'll give you the time of day with my new watch

Original post by sherlockfan
You should take it literally. If you want to know the time of day you should carry a phone or a watch. Women dont owe it to you to tell you.

By literally I mean

'Women don't have to say hello'

'I should always consider that my approach will annoy women'

'I shouldn't bother approaching women as I'll probably annoy them'

->'I can't make friends with the opposite sex'
Original post by Vixen47
I'll give you the time of day with my new watch

That is rad
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
By literally
I mean

'Women don't have to say hello'

'I should always consider that my approach will annoy women'

'I shouldn't bother approaching women as I'll probably annoy them'

->'I can't make friends with the opposite sex'

:facepalm: I know what you mean. Im just messing with you.
Just let it slide. You were doing fine until now. Worrying wont get you anywhere.
:facepalm: I know what you mean. Im just messing with you.
Just let it slide. You were doing fine until now. Worrying wont get you anywhere.

Well this started because I messaged someone who didn't reply, I got upset and then told I had entitlement vibes which I was unaware of :s-smilie:

By let it slide you mean let go of the perceived rejection?

Yeah I thought you were serious about the watch :redface:
Well this started because I messaged someone who didn't reply, I got upset and then told I had entitlement vibes which I was unaware of :s-smilie:

By let it slide you mean let go of the perceived rejection?

Yeah I thought you were serious about the watch :redface:

So what? Just let it go. It happens to me all the time. If youre going to get upset about it of course its going to give bad vibes. Sometimes you just have to let people come to you.
So what? Just let it go. It happens to me all the time. If youre going to get upset about it of course its going to give bad vibes. Sometimes you just have to let people come to you.

Haha that's never going to happen. Most women expect you to approach first
Call babestation, those women will give you the time of day, albeit at a charge.
Haha that's never going to happen. Most women expect you to approach first

OK well then continue to be a bitter and needy individual.
Oh great here we are again.
Reply 19
x

Everyone else already knows that there are double standards for men and women. Have you been living under a rock like my friend?

Quick Reply

Latest