The Student Room Group

Should I stop talking to him?

I’ve been talking to this man for two weeks now. We went on our first date it lasted 6 hours, then he wanted to see me the next day and that date lasted 7 hours. Yes he wined and dined me as he should. I had a good time on both dates. I do like him, and he has voiced that he likes me. There’s just a lot of things that I’m not comfortable with…

1- on our first date he asked me who I was texting cause I checked my phone.

2- he keeps on insisting on taking me home .. I told him I’m not comfortable with strangers knowing where I live.

3- he claims that he knows me a lot…. ??? Again yes we’ve been talking nonstop for two weeks, yet that doesn’t mean you know me

4- he told me if i entertain other men then he is done with me. Last night he literally gave me a
Ultimatum saying I won’t talk to other men and told me to put it on something. Which I didn’t do that. Cause we’re not in a relationship o don’t owe him that. He said he’s not talking to other people so he said he’s not going to waste his time on me putting in all this effort if I’m speaking to other men???

I know I should stay clear what’s y’all advise?
Reply 1
My thoughts on your 4 points:

1 - I can see his point here. You're both having a date, so should (in theory) be spending time together, not being distracted on your phone. - You save this when you go to the bathroom. Watch the programme 'First Dates', and this happens all the time.

2- you don't have to 'go home'. You can just say sure, and go on a long walk with him, chat, extend the date further, and then catch public transport to get home.

3- if he is saying he knows you a lot, then question what he knows. if you like him also, this shouldn't be an issue, as it's still early days.

4- he told me if i entertain other men then he is done with me. - a valid point. I wouldn't want to be dating someone who is leading me on by talking to other guys. You're either committed to getting to know the person and having a relationship / partnership, or you're not. But if you're not, tell the other person and be prepared they may not like your choice.
I'd steer clear of him because of the wording and manner of point 4.

Preferring to be excusive is a completely valid point to raise, but the way he's done this sets off all kind of alarm bells to me.
Reply 3
i think he might be insecure or doubting that you are loyal to him and he doesn't trust that you are committed to him.
Reply 4
The only real red flag for me is #4.
For me it is a deal breaker.
Reply 5
Original post by Kathy89
The only real red flag for me is #4.
For me it is a deal breaker.

yeah my ex did number 4 and he became really possessive and controlling over me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending