The Student Room Group

GCSE English Lit Predictions WJEC

Hi!

Does anyone have any predictions for the 2015 WJEC English Lit questions on Heroes, OMAN and An Inspector Calls?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I need some predictions too please :smile:
Thanks in advance
Reply 2
Original post by annabellelilyyy
Hi!

Does anyone have any predictions for the 2015 WJEC English Lit questions on Heroes, OMAN and An Inspector Calls?

Thanks.

I'm doing an inspector call and heroes and my teacher has told me that almost every year there will either be something on a main character or a main theme, however the extract question is almost always how someone acts or is presented or how the writer creates mood and atmosphere if you want an idea have a look at the WJEC past papers you can find them almost anywhere mainly their website, what other exams are you doing with the WJEC?
Original post by An_xox
I'm doing an inspector call and heroes and my teacher has told me that almost every year there will either be something on a main character or a main theme, however the extract question is almost always how someone acts or is presented or how the writer creates mood and atmosphere if you want an idea have a look at the WJEC past papers you can find them almost anywhere mainly their website, what other exams are you doing with the WJEC?

Hi!
Thanks very much. Yes- i'm hoping they will either be on a theme or character for the questions. I was just wondering if anyone could make any predictions/ideas if you considered which characters have not appeared on past papers. I am thinking for Inspector Calls, the exam could be on Shelia as she has not appeared in any past papers to my knowledge.
English language and lit is the only exam I am doing with WJEC. How about you?
Reply 4
Hi!
Thanks very much. Yes- i'm hoping they will either be on a theme or character for the questions. I was just wondering if anyone could make any predictions/ideas if you considered which characters have not appeared on past papers. I am thinking for Inspector Calls, the exam could be on Shelia as she has not appeared in any past papers to my knowledge.
English language and lit is the only exam I am doing with WJEC. How about you?

All my exams are with WJEC except history which I'm doing with EDEXCEL
Reply 5
Do we have any updates on this? I heard suggestions that OMAM questions are expected to be based on Candy, Crooks or Slim, but that's all.
yeah that's what I've heard too
Crooks came up last year so I doubt he will come up again. Candy was used in the wjec specimen question so I have a feeling it will be on slim but then again slim is one of the characters who has not appeared in the extract question and last year it was a mood and atmosphere extract so this year it must be a character extract on someone like slim.
Reply 8
Original post by tryrevise
yeah that's what I've heard too

Original post by AindowJ
Do we have any updates on this? I heard suggestions that OMAM questions are expected to be based on Candy, Crooks or Slim, but that's all.

Original post by Mystic mauve
Crooks came up last year so I doubt he will come up again. Candy was used in the wjec specimen question so I have a feeling it will be on slim but then again slim is one of the characters who has not appeared in the extract question and last year it was a mood and atmosphere extract so this year it must be a character extract on someone like slim.

I have also heard Slim is quite likely to appear on the paper this year!
Slim came up last year in June
Reply 10
I reckon it will either be Candy, Slim or Curley's Wife. This is simply because they have previously asked a question about Curley(essay question) in June 2013 exam, and June 2014 was about Crooks. Therefore, it must be Slim or Candy this year, although it can also be Curley's Wife. A question about George and Lennie's friendship came up in November 2014 exam so I'm not sure but I think Slim might come up.
Original post by jiyongtoki
Slim came up last year in June

Not in WJEC last year it was Crooks for the essay and Curley's Wife for the extract.
I've had a look at all the past papers on WJEC website for OMAM, and this is what I found:

2014 (Summer): Extract - Curley's Wife. Essay - Crooks or Dreams
2014 (Winter): Extract - mood and atmosphere. Essay - George & Lennie's relationship or a statement about strengths
2013 (Summer): Extract - Crooks. Essay - Curley or atmosphere statement
2013 (Winter): Extract - Carlson. Essay - Victims or importance of animals in novel
2012 (Summer): Extract - Candy. Essay - Sympathy for Lennie or strengths and weaknesses
2012 (Winter): Extract - George. Essay - Slim or friendship

So, Curley's wife, George and Candy haven't come up in the essay question in a while... don't know if this helps?:s-smilie:
Reply 13
in OMAM it could be the less significant characters: slim, candy, or whit but I am not sure
for AIC it could be about age ...
Reply 14
What's everyone doing in preparation for the OMAM exam then? I'm not too sure where to start other than read my notes.
Original post by AindowJ
What's everyone doing in preparation for the OMAM exam then? I'm not too sure where to start other than read my notes.

Currently Im making a booklet of everything I need to know ie characters, quotes, social historical context and themes ect
I feel like an essay on Sheila is very likely for AIC. There's not been an essay on her for ages and considering the new 'context' based questions I think she shows some context as well.
Original post by sg1372
in OMAM it could be the less significant characters: slim, candy, or whit but I am not sure
for AIC it could be about age ...

Whit????? Surely not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by tryrevise
Whit????? Surely not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's almost no way that a question will come up on Whit, unless it's in relation to minor characters.
Hi!

Thanks.

I've heard the essay question could be on Loneliness as this hasn't appeared for a while.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending