The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by EatAndRevise
How is your personal account of a lady working for Apple Computer (Apple? :confused:) relevant to the discussion?

Of course your future does not depend entirely on which university you attended, but it certainly does help when finding a job. For example, a degree from London Met will not stand as strong as a degree from any Russell Group University. This will be due to the reputation, teaching standards, academic profile etc.

"Finally, low entry standard drags down the ranking but is part of this particular uni DNA."

So their below average academic results are a part of the university's DNA? That does not seem like something they should be proud of.

The student satisfaction is still very low, it's not challenging to improve satisfcation when it is currently so dreadful.

It is relevant because despite the poor reputation from her uni and facing worthy applicants from Russel group,she got the coveted job !
It is not a question of pride but of practical matters
If you get your UK degree with a GOOD grade and want to work, you will get a job sooner or later. .
Not everything in life is strictly formatted according to YOUR parameters, especially in a world where everything previously taken as granted is in turmoil
if you have not faced it already, good for you but one day or another, it will happen .
Now ,you can still spill your snobbish venom on your inferior human beings, I will not react anymore.
Original post by trump1
It is relevant because despite the poor reputation from her uni and facing worthy applicants from Russel group,she got the coveted job !
It is not a question of pride but of practical matters
If you get your UK degree with a GOOD grade and want to work, you will get a job sooner or later. .
Not everything in life is strictly formatted according to YOUR parameters, especially in a world where everything previously taken as granted is in turmoil
if you have not faced it already, good for you but one day or another, it will happen .
Now ,you can still spill your snobbish venom on your inferior human beings, I will not react anymore.

Just because someone attends London Met does not mean that they will not get a good job, and you don't know who the other applicants were.

Practical matters that are generally associated with people who have attended prestigious establishments.

Yes, most people will eventually get a job if they get a 2:1 degree. I never argued that they wouldn't.

These are not my parameters, you just don't want to have to face that London Met (the university that you undoubtedly attend) is one of the worst universities in the UK.

"snobbish venom on your inferior human beings"

It does seem that I have hit a rather sensitive nerve. This thread was about discussing the "5 worst UK universities".

Many other individuals have also included London Met in their bottom 5, and although I am sure you want to disagree with this, there is a significant element of truth behind it.
Generally any university that has to advertise on TV should be avoided. Good universities have enough reputation to get talented applicants.
Wolvohampton
Manchester met
Coventry
Portsmouth
London met

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was about to say that im glad the uni im going to next year hasnt been mentioned but it just has in the comment above ahahha.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DominicRCWC
i was about to say that im glad the uni im going to next year hasnt been mention but it just has in the comment above ahahha.

Which one is it?
Original post by EatAndRevise
Which one is it?

wolverhampton.
x)
Reply 167
What do you guys think of Buckingham University?
Wolverhampton lol

Absolute ****hole
Original post by jenkinsear
You'll find very few, if any, journalists with national newspapers/tv channels who studied journalism as an undergraduate degree. It's a silly route if you're serious about it as a career.

true. Most journalists tend to have a degree in English Literature rather than Journalism, media studies or whatever course some people are delusional enough to think will be an open door.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My uni choice has been mentioned a few times but I know that it's known to be great for the course i'll be taking, so sometimes rankings can be misleading~
UWS, UWE, London Met, Bolton, Wolverhampton.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.

Durmstrang Institute.

Original post by BCMFM16
I think the polytechnics in London are still good since they'll have a lot more opportunities for their students than elsewhere since it is London.

I'd say

Bolton
West of Scotland
Bishop Grosseteste
Bedfordshire
Anglia Ruskin

Regardless of their league table position, its still very good if someone who has a rough background goes to these Universities. Its far better than doing drugs etc

Define 'rough background'?
Reply 175
Bedfordshire is great for Sports Teaching. :O
Glad the uni I'm going to next year has never been mentioned on here :biggrin:
Original post by theo1jinx
Glad the uni I'm going to next year has never been mentioned on here :biggrin:
Like it matters if a bunch of insecure teenagers mention it or not.
How about Financial maths at Greenwich. In general ranking City is better but in maths raking Greenwich is ahead. What do you think of them but in the context of maths.
Reply 179
I wish there was still the option to give someone a negative rating. I hope people aren't looking at this and feeling disheartened if they see their chosen uni being mentioned.

Latest

Trending

Trending