The Student Room Group

My as chemistry exam is in 2 weeks and i dont understand most of the course! help??

my chem exam is in exactly 2 weeks and im very stressed cos i dont understand most of the course! any tips on how to do well and how to study? it would really help!:colondollar:
Reply 1
Watch videos and then make notes; then past papers, you left it a bit late lol.
Reply 2
Original post by thatguyak
my chem exam is in exactly 2 weeks and im very stressed cos i dont understand most of the course! any tips on how to do well and how to study? it would really help!:colondollar:

I'm assuming you're on about AQA CHEM1. I would advise this:

http://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/ go through the notes on this, copy them out if you want.

There are some practice questions here - http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQA%20Chemistry/AQA%20AS%20Chemistry/AS%20Chemistry%20home.htm - after reading/making notes on each topic attempt 5-6 questions on each chapter. These are good for the calculations

Attempt 2/3 papers with the notes at hand. Really make sure you read up on questions that you don't understand

Then do the rest of the papers, without notes and again make sure you go through the stuff you get wrong; don't make the same mistake twice!

Some good Youtube Channels are : Erintoul and Tywin Lannister chemistry

As long as you're on it and make use of your time 2 weeks is waaay more than enough time. It's not a long module
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by kathan30

i know the basics of each topic, i just need to expand my knowledge and plus, i had a very bad teacher!
What board are you doing?
Reply 5
Original post by Heffalump .
What board are you doing?

wjec
Reply 6

Original post by kathan30

As Kathan has already suggest, watch videos to really expand your knowledge. If you find it too simple go on Wikipedia pages (but be a bit wary).

I would honestly advise you to do as many past papers as you can, along with watching videos and remember the mark scheme for the worded answers.
Reply 7
Original post by kkboyk
As Kathan has already suggest, watch videos to really expand your knowledge. If you find it too simple go on Wikipedia pages (but be a bit wary).

I would honestly advise you to do as many past papers as you can, along with watching videos and remember the mark scheme for the worded answers.

alright thanks this is really helpful!
You can still do it! Never too late, I've bumped myself up from a definite U to an A (hopefully) in the past 2 weeks for Geology. But it did some harrrdddcoore revision. If you're teachers utter **** (like mine) you have to do it yourself, basically use the textbook and go through the whole thing. Flash cards, write it out, recite it to your parents, whatever you think helps you the most in remembering it (writing the whole bloody book helped me the most:') ). Once you think you know it then do PAST PAPERS - cannot stress this enough. Do them all. When you're done do them again.
Believe me you do all that in the next two weeks you can get an A. Start now though!!
Reply 9
Original post by Heffalump .
You can still do it! Never too late, I've bumped myself up from a definite U to an A (hopefully) in the past 2 weeks for Geology. But it did some harrrdddcoore revision. If you're teachers utter **** (like mine) you have to do it yourself, basically use the textbook and go through the whole thing. Flash cards, write it out, recite it to your parents, whatever you think helps you the most in remembering it (writing the whole bloody book helped me the most:') ). Once you think you know it then do PAST PAPERS - cannot stress this enough. Do them all. When you're done do them again.
Believe me you do all that in the next two weeks you can get an A. Start now though!!

this is really motivational lol! thank you! ill start right away
Reply 10
alright thanks this is really helpful!

Here's a useful website containing notes and topic based questions you can do within these 2weeks:

http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/chemistry.html
http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/resources-c.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending